• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I agree Kirk, there wasn't much of anything I wanted. Ammo still seemed pretty high as well as the AR parts and guns. Pmags were $12-$14 though. I spoke with a few of the vendors and they said it had been pretty dead. Maybe the next one will be better. Still for $6 it got me out of a few honey-do's!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, I would agree with you Dan and Kirk, but I did find some 15 round mags for my M1 carbine at a decent price, but this was my prize of the day... A Swedish Mauser (Waffenfabrik Mauser Oberndorf - 1900). :D Couldn't believe the price I paid... too good to pass up! Looks like it's been drilled and tapped for diopter sights too, so I may have to look into a set. My other Swede isn't, and I was hesitant to have it done.

IMG_2269.jpgIMG_2270.jpgIMG_2271.jpg

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Well, I would agree with you Dan and Kirk, but I did find some 15 round mags for my M1 carbine at a decent price, but this was my prize of the day... A Swedish Mauser (Waffenfabrik Mauser Oberndorf - 1900). :D Couldn't believe the price I paid... too good to pass up! Looks like it's been drilled and tapped for diopter sights too, so I may have to look into a set. My other Swede isn't, and I was hesitant to have it done.

OK so what did you pay for it?

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I did see several bricks of 22lr in the 45-50 range. Still too steep, but better than $80 that I seen at the 1500.

I was at one of the vendor booths and they were talking amongst themselves about not being able to sell anything and then they went on to say that they needed "another crisis" so they can move their inventory. I just stood there with my draw dropped. I mean WTF? I would suggest that maybe, they sell their goods at "current" market value, not what some of the idiots were willing to pay 6 - 9 months ago.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I did see several bricks of 22lr in the 45-50 range. Still too steep, but better than $80 that I seen at the 1500.

I was at one of the vendor booths and they were talking amongst themselves about not being able to sell anything and then they went on to say that they needed "another crisis" so they can move their inventory. I just stood there with my draw dropped. I mean WTF? I would suggest that maybe, they sell their goods at "current" market value, not what some of the idiots were willing to pay 6 - 9 months ago.

Sucks to be them! WTF is right...

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    OK so I went ... wow! $500.00 SKS, $60.00 22lr (500 ct), etc ... Nice time with my step-son. Decent prices on hand loaded ammo; picked up 200 rds of 38s.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Ok so 22lr (500 ct) $60.00 same box/brand as Gander Mountain has for $40, and Gander still has them on the shelf?????? $230 for a used 9mm high point? Glock 33rd mags used/looked like crap for $55??? I mean what the hell. Brazer Brass 9mm 50ct for $30.00?????? The list goes on and on. The lady with the reload ammo booth was ok. Guy walking around with the AR and the back pack wanting over retail........ Strange day. But I liked it.:)

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    if some of the nonsense doesn't stop at the gun shows, people will eventually stop going. I remember when I used o go to the 1500 for a deal ... Not so much anymore. Now there are a few deals to be had. Hell some of these guys cant even compete with Gander Mountain, which is pretty sad!

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I didnt leave empty handed though. I picked up 9mm, 223, and 30/30 brass for a good price. I saw a UTG brass catcher for like 11-13$ range. I forgot o circle around and pick it up.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    if some of the nonsense doesn't stop at the gun shows, people will eventually stop going. I remember when I used o go to the 1500 for a deal ... Not so much anymore. Now there are a few deals to be had. Hell some of these guys cant even compete with Gander Mountain, which is pretty sad!

Did you see the guy in the small room with the table full of nothing but gander mountain ammo priced 50% higher then them? IT was like what the hell? HE had less then 50 box's on the table.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Did you see the guy in the small room with the table full of nothing but gander mountain ammo priced 50% higher then them? IT was like what the hell? HE had less then 50 box's on the table.
    Yeah, I saw it. Unbelievable. Hopefully he goes home with those 50 boxes

goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    I went today. I didn't see many deals on guns. Ammo was worse. I picked up some off-brand 30-06. That was about it.
    I was looking for 9 mm. The same 50 round boxes that could be gotten at Walmart for $15 were priced at $25 at the show.
    I stopped at Bradis on the way home!!!

grasshopperlegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Cartersburg.
    Yes it was at Stout field. Minnesota St. I went it was the same old thing to me. A bunce of guys wanting new prices for used guns and the new guns you can get on line cheaper even after the paying of a ffl dealer. I saw one guy had a price of Credit card price and cash price. I checked some of rifles he was selling it was $40 or more if you used Credit. I also looked at ammo and I couldn't believe some prices. So after driving 50 miles,$12 (my wife went also) to get in and I felt that it was not productive today.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Yeah, I saw it. Unbelievable. Hopefully he goes home with those 50 boxes

The sad thing is I saw a him selling ammo. I know everyone is not as knowledgable. But come on. If you can get to a gun show then you can get to a Gander Mountain and see your over paying by a lot. And the $230 used High Point. From a FFL dealer with a lot of guns. Come on. It was worth the $6 to talk with other gun nuts. The promoters were also very nice and did a good job. But most of the dealers were on pills. And those they weren't selling. If they did they would overcharge.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I normally don't go to that part of town specially after the downtown mess, but I made a triple stop at the Stout Field, Pro Fire and Plainfield Shooting Supply.

the gunshow has the highest prices pretty much on everything. on primers, they wanted $45+tx, which is $5 more than PSS and $10 more than August 1500.

$60 for 555 22lr is normal.

no, thanks.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka

Too late, I've already done this.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom