• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    Good info., if I go I'll be looking for hand guns and will look to stay away from the AR section. Dang, lately even revolvers have seemed to take a pretty good hike in pricing.

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    i plan on fighting the crowd to attend the 1500. Hoping to find an upper for my AR, but not too optimistic. If nothing else I will just do what I usually do at the 1500, which is purchase a few trinkets/novelty items/random gun junk i need and some beef jerky and peace out.

gfry12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Plainfield
    I was in pss the other day heard them talking to another customer about the show. They said they will not be taking any guns to the show at all. They will be taking mags, ammo, parts, etc...

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    One other thing....there is a guy there usually, he sells all kinds of jerky...do NOT sample the gator jerky unless you enjoy projectile vomiting AND exploding diarrhea at the same time. That is all.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I think the last 1500 I went to was around 2000/2001 and bought a Cetme 308, case of ammo, spotting scope and a couple of knives for a total of less than $700 (which I thought was too much) A buddy always offers me his pass but I decline. I may just go this time around for the circus atmosphere.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I was thinking of going to try and trade a Bushmaster ACR for a Sig 716, but I think I may just pass. It would be bad enough without hauling a rifle around... Just doesn't sound like a good time.

Sling

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    One other thing....there is a guy there usually, he sells all kinds of jerky...do NOT sample the gator jerky unless you enjoy projectile vomiting AND exploding diarrhea at the same time. That is all.

I sent a package of the Zick's Cajun Alligator with my daughter to preschool last time it was her snack day, lol...I still have a bag left. Good stuff.

If you aren't used to wild game, anything can mess you up until you are acclimated. The trick is to not stop eating it!! A steady diet of wild game will get you back right in no time :rockwoot:

I used to be the same way with Elk. I'd only get some seasonally and would take about 3 days to get some traction, but then I could continue eating it until the freezer was empty with zero issues.

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Since I had a hip replacement done in Dec. no way I'll be there, probably wouldn't go if I could. Pretty well set up on everything (do have a vz 58 I would have liked to shop around) except .22-250 and .308. I don't know the gentleman's name who always has a large number of tables with reloads (most are in blue plastic boxes) but he has great stuff, everything I have got from him has been super.

Cdcompton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Reedo is accurate and with the current panic vendors won't have any inventory to bring I am going to go Friday to scrounge through the slim pickens

KCVP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Pretty sure my streak of not going will stay intact. It's going to be nuts, more so than any other local show in recent history. Good luck everybody (buyers and dealers alike).

45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    I was thinking of going to try and trade a Bushmaster ACR for a Sig 716, but I think I may just pass. It would be bad enough without hauling a rifle around... Just doesn't sound like a good time.

Sling

You might not have to carry it around, it might sell it before you get through the door if it's priced to sell (take a decent profit and don't put the screws to them).

Top Bottom