• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    And that somehow negates my opinion? Almost half of the 1500s that have occurred since Obama took office I have attended solely as a consumer, and I still will make the rounds to see what I need now that I'm on the other side of the table.

You guys gotta remember, no matter how crowded it is, folks get out of his way!

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Freedom, Indiana
    I'm attempting to learn and set up reloading. Was considering driving to the 1500 from Spencer area on Saturday for components, especially bullets and powder. Is a deal likely, or would I be as well off finding a store around Bloomington or Linton?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I'm attempting to learn and set up reloading. Was considering driving to the 1500 from Spencer area on Saturday for components, especially bullets and powder. Is a deal likely, or would I be as well off finding a store around Bloomington or Linton?

Visit Profire Arms, SW side of Indy, on Ky. ave. Andrew will set you up right .....

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Visit Profire Arms, SW side of Indy, on Ky. ave. Andrew will set you up right .....

X2

This will save you time, gas, an entry fee, and frustration if it is the sole reason you are thinking about attending the 1500. Andrew will set you up!

handdoc48

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    I have only seen ONE show that has been packed in the 2+ years we have been setting up. And I'll state that because the Fire Marshall was restricting additional entry. Aside from that it has never been packed since Jan '09 in my opinion.

I have been to the last two, and both times, it was a challenge moving around in the right half of the building. There was a long line Saturday afternoon at the second-to-last show.

beardedbrodel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    West of Indy
    I've gotten decent deals at the show in the past with a little haggling. The last 1500 of 2012 price on AR and AK really spiked. Ammo prices were through the roof as well. Saturdays and Sundays are normally packed to the gills but you can normally score a deal on Sunday afternoon when all the vendors realizes if they don't sell it, they'll have to carry it back to their trucks... Good luck. I wouldn't avoid the show by any means but realize it will be crowded.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    My advice to 1500 newbies...cash is king, he who hesitates goes home empty handed, wearing deodorant and brushing your teeth will only make you stand out in the crowd, bring your own toilet paper. Seriously bring your own toilet paper.

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    I always drink 3 Sam Adams, eat 6 Cajun pickles, and have 4 deviled eggs the night before the show. Get up and drink a 1/2 quart of buttermilk and 1 cup of coffee and then stop in White Castle on 38th St. and head in to the show with a lot of questions for my favorite dealers.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I always drink 3 Sam Adams, eat 6 Cajun pickles, and have 4 deviled eggs the night before the show. Get up and drink a 1/2 quart of buttermilk and 1 cup of coffee and then stop in White Castle on 38th St. and head in to the show with a lot of questions for my favorite dealers.

SO YOU ARE THE ONE!!!:xmad:

lol....

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

I knew I reconized you :D

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I'll be there selling quart jars of vasoline. I have the best price this side of Walmart.
    Hopefully you will be set up near the entrance... It will make getting down the crowded aisles easier .... Not to mention being gouged a little more comfortable !!!

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Well if I go I will buy a Busse Knife, and with the prices on everything else being so high this time I will think it's a deal.

zepan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    It is usually pretty packed. I have noticed a lot of first time attenties. Does that mean reply packed?

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Meh, even with the crowds everybody's having fun and it's still a good time. I recommend going left after clearing the entrance to the South room of the 3 rooms to avoid the crowd as most people go straight to the North room first. ZX guns is in the first aisle of the South room. Plainfield guns are along the north wall (first row in) of the middle room, and another big pistol and rifle vendor is on that aisle at the opposite end. These three vendors will have the most traffic during the show and will be hardest to navigate.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom