• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    The problem with the West Pavilion is the concrete stalls in there, might be more room but not layed out very good for a gun show

Concrete stalls? (I've never been in there)

I see that the Home Show is in the West Pavilion and Expo Hall.

Holy crap you can put a house inside.

homeshow_lg.jpg

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Concrete stalls? (I've never been in there)

I see that the Home Show is in the West Pavilion and Expo Hall.

Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought they used to have concrete stalls in there, used as the cow barn for years, I think that if they used the whole building there would be plenty of room, behind where the INGO table was there is another room the length of the building and maybe 30 feet wide

I just read where they renovated the west pavilion in 2002 maybe the stalls are gone

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    How about this idea, the South and West Pavilions have the capability to be connected by at least one breezeway, and I think I've seen them with multiple breezeways a long time ago.

it would give 300,000 sq. feet of vendor area and would be large enough to bring in manufacturers if they wanted to come.

I think we've discussed this before.

Yep below....

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...iscussion/70976-1500_gun_show.html#post791888

Ok, so according to the State Fairgrounds website, the South Pavilion is NOT the largest building.

Indiana State Fairgrounds

Maybe they could simply move it to the West Pavilion? It's 30k sq.ft. bigger.

layout.gif

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    The show could stand a change of venue, a larger building would be so much better. But I hear what you are saying Mrs. TSG. However please consider there is always room for improvement.

This subject has been discussed many times here on INGO. I think little is going to change. so I say buck up little campers. :popcorn:

I agree there needs to be a change. As soon as a change is made though and it costs more, on both ends I may add, people will complain about that.
    WCGS is not going to change things. vendors got their hands spanked for moving tables out and restricting aisle space this show though if it makes anyone feel any better. :D

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    As mentioned in an earlier posting, and several older threads, it won't change.

I don't like being herded like cattle and I won't help support it.

Call it a protest or whatever,
    I take my needs and money to the Louisville show.
    If you haven't been to one, you should check it out.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    I agree there needs to be a change. As soon as a change is made though and it costs more, on both ends I may add, people will complain about that.
    WCGS is not going to change things. vendors got their hands spanked for moving tables out and restricting aisle space this show though if it makes anyone feel any better. :D

It sure makes ME feel better... seemed like there was a little "expansion" going on along some of those aisles that made it barely wide enough for two people to walk through.

Indyrich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    NE INDY
    Well considering it is only $90 per single space at the 1500, costs could go up slightly without affecting the vendors too much. I go to the super sunday car part swap in the west pavilion and it is great with plenty of space. the 1500 could learn from that.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    This is a significant issue, but we are preaching to the choir. I know I stayed away this time because of the posts here on INGO. INGO, with it's 12,800+ members, should have considerable clout with the promoter of this show. Isn't the 1500 an INGO family reunion of sorts? Who is WCGS and how could I contact them with my concern? I would think if they received numerous complaints about the size of the 1500, they might consider moving it to the West Pavilion, or another, larger site.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Well considering it is only $90 per single space at the 1500, costs could go up slightly without affecting the vendors too much. I go to the super sunday car part swap in the west pavilion and it is great with plenty of space. the 1500 could learn from that.

$90 x's multiple tables can be very hard to swallow when the crowds are small, like normal, and not buying. Just remember if our costs go up, we have to make it up somewhere. ;)

This is a significant issue, but we are preaching to the choir. I know I stayed away this time because of the posts here on INGO. INGO, with it's 12,800+ members, should have considerable clout with the promoter of this show. Isn't the 1500 an INGO family reunion of sorts? Who is WCGS and how could I contact them with my concern? I would think if they received numerous complaints about the size of the 1500, they might consider moving it to the West Pavilion, or another, larger site.

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]World Class Gun Shows, Inc.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif][/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]P.O. Box 14194[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Oklahoma City, OK 73113[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Phone - (405) 340-1333 - Fax (405) 478-0700[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Week of Show Call - (317) 870-9296[/FONT]​

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    What do you think WCG rakes in after the bills are paid?

I honestly don't know. I know they have to pay every police officer in that place, plus their staff, plus overnight security. They must pay for the use of the venue, the parking for vendors. There is a lot of expenses that I am sure I don't even know about. I am sure they are making plenty of money. Seriously no one works for free if they can help it. :dunno:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    All vendors and all promoters do the shows to make money. But you have to consider all parties involved have their own expenses as well.
    I agree with Mrs G about the expenses one table versus 5 or 10 tables can be costly. If the crowd is down more than likely the sales are down.
    This last 1500 was good for all vendors and for the promoter which in this economy is a good thing. I am just glad to see the shows still alive and kicking.:rockwoot: Also like MrsG stated if the expense for the promoter or the vendors go up then they have to pass that expense onto the customers.
    Cant have it both ways. Its like wanting a USA made knife at a China made price.:noway:

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    The problem with the West Pavilion is the concrete stalls in there, might be more room but not layed out very good for a gun show

When I drove for mecum's spring classic last may, we had cars in the south, west, colliseum, toyota building, connection rooms, horse arena, and the entire parking lot by 38th and binford full of cars. I didn't see concrete stalls anywhere, and yes, the show would do much better in the west pavilion in my honest opinion. Much bigger building really. Plus, not having the separating walls, it is alot more open:popcorn:

gearjammer21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Mite look into teaming up with two or three other small shows once a year for a "Grand 1500" downtown with two or three shows a year at the fair grounds.

bouncerclub

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    What do you suppose the head count is through the door for an entire weekend? Id really be curious how much the buildings rent for the weekend staff not included. 10k? Seems like they could raise the admission price by a mere 2 bucks and make more than the overhead of extra space with the traffic I saw on Saturday.

bouncerclub

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Maybe you charge more just Saturday after 10am and Sundays after noon some kind of early bird special to spread the crowd? Still in a bigger building mind you.

Top Bottom