• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    What do you suppose the head count is through the door for an entire weekend? Id really be curious how much the buildings rent for the weekend staff not included. 10k? Seems like they could raise the admission price by a mere 2 bucks and make more than the overhead of extra space with the traffic I saw on Saturday.

people are already complaining the prices are to high. Raise them more and no one will show up.

silkpoet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    SW Indiana
    I remember 10-12 years ago you could walk through the 1500 and there were less than half, maybe less than a third of the crowd. I have a feeling it will taper off over the next couple of years.

I do think it is a great example of how shooting sports and interests have thrived lately and hope it continues. I would think there might be a better opportunity to expand into another area at the Fair Grounds, with the same number of tables, before trying to move the location.

Overall, I had a great time and am already looking forward to the next one!

bouncerclub

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    people are already complaining the prices are to high. Raise them more and no one will show up.

I don't know you might be right I know for me personally 2 bucks wouldn't change anything. I also think that people would be understanding when they see why. I would tend to agree there would be some pretty irritated folks if they just raised the price for the heck of it. However when they see its much bigger more isle space and less like sardine land I tend to believe people would accept the 2 bucks more. Because they are getting Value out of it. If its just a price raise out of greed then yeah the attendance would likely slump some.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Though I may have missed it, I did not notice an abundance of people complaining about the cost of ticket admission.

I do see a lot of complaints about the amount of people not able
    to enjoy the show do to overcrowding and narrow isles.

Guns and accessories are not inexpensive items,
    the show and it's contents are not like a cheap flea market.

While I know that there are a significant amount of window shoppers with no intent to dropping a couple of hundreds, there are just as many of us that avoid the show and take our money to other venues that want our business.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Don't forget the show promoter is competing for space with all the various other shows that are going on, both at the Fairgrounds and in the Convention Center. I think it's unlikely that attendance will go down to the point that vendors won't be able to make a profit, but the people who are worst-offended by being overcrowded may stay away; a self-correcting problem, IMO.

jeepville

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    New Castle
    I know I had lots of money and felt I wasnt able to see or shop for what I wanted in an atmosphere that made me comfortable. I guess I always go around the end of the year and it is always this busy it seems for the last 2 years or so. So having the new years show in the bigger building when you have people with Christmas money or year end bonuses or just people off work for the holidays would be very nice and have mid year shows in the smaller pavilion.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i would support a show at the convention center. parking on a weekend wouldnt be that bad at all. theres parking all over that area.

but the 1500 was extra busy this time because of idiots that were there freaking out thinking another ban was in the air. half the people there probly didnt even have extra money in their pocket for a coke, they were just wasting space.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I agree with what the vendors are saying. They go to these things ALL THE TIME, so they have a good idea about what they are talking about.

Sure THIS 1500 was crowded, and I am SURE it was because of the AZ happenings. If you ask any vendor how the last 1500 was, they will tell you it was dead. REALLY bad. So sure, this one show was more crowded than usual, but if you read threads on here, people are ALWAYS complaining about cost, and parking, and this and that. Raising costs ISN'T going to go over well.

The vendors need to be able to make money, or they're not going to show up. If vendors don't show up, there's no gun show. Simple as that. And if people expect them to pay more to set up, and also expect them to have "reasonable" prices (I have seen people complaining about prices at the 1500 on here as well) it's just not going to happen.

You have to decide what's important to you. Good prices on merchandise, or comfort, or good vendor selection, or something else. It's all a trade off. It can't always be perfect for YOU just because you want it to be.

As for moving it to a different building, I don't think it will happen. Too many Negligent Discharges at the 1500 keeps it in the building it's in because they don't want bullet holes in the nicer one.

Top Bottom