• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I could have sworn they closed that place? It couldnt survive covid.

Yep. 2022

So they re-opened?
    Ah, must have been the Broadripple location that he went to. Makes sense if it was 10 minutes away.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    @Kirk Freeman sighting! Oh wait, that is Kirk :D

I’m seeing a lot of people who couldn’t decide on a hair color, so they picked all of the above.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    @miguel picked up the VIP pass. He was really not who I was expecting.
    As Monty Python said, "Nobody expects Miguel to be who Miguel is!!!" :D

Thanks to the Indiana State Rifle & Pistol Association for providing the VIP pass for the day. Very generous of them!

I spent about three hours at the show, which was very good. The Exposition Hall was well lit, aisles were roomy and the selection was solid. I had not been to the 1500 in some time, so it was better than I remember. Not quite the madhouse that I recall from the pre-Covid era.

No photography was allowed, per a stern PA announcement. That sucked because I wanted Mrs. Miguel's opinion on a OD dog hardness for La loba de Miguel, but I wasn't gonna waste money on a non-gun item she might not reimburse me for. :):

Did grab some PMAGs for $10 each, many sleeves of MiniMags for $10 per, some Magpul hardware for a pending AR build, various buckshots for entertaining unexpected guests and best of all, I finally broke down and bought an Osprey red dot. ZX Guns team was very friendly and helpful, so hopefully they have a good show.

Thanks again, Kelly!

EDIT: Forgot to mention. Not much in the way of reloading that I saw. Some rando die sets and jugs of powder, but not much else. Maybe saw one Lee press? That's OK, I will trek to Brian's in Greentown this week.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Did Kirk find what he was looking for?

It was fun to meet him. At first I thought it was Rik Smits, he was so tall!
    Ruger Vaqueros are limited release now. So if you find one, buy it and hold it hostage from Kirk :lmfao:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I've looked at their products many times. They appear to be solid but haven't been convinced to make a purchase. What was the selling point for you, if I may ask.
    It was $40, I hadn't paid to get in and got tired of five years of thinking, "I wonder if those are any good?"

Worst case, I can swap it for a new one with their lifetime return policy. Sounds like one of the problems people have with them is the little mounting screws come loose. Maybe I'll put some LocTite on them to see if that will keep them in place?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    KellyinAvon LIVE from the 1500. 38th Street still sucks.

Third day here, I’m looking at a display of morale patches. I see: TACP JTAC PJ. All of those are USAF. All are pretty bad dudes. I see EOD (found out I have bad depth perception when I was interested in that career field.)

17 years of retirement from Big Blue and I would NEVER wear one of those because I never earned it.

I guess I’ll never be a dem VP candidate.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Did Kirk find what he was looking for?

It was fun to meet him. At first I thought it was Rik Smits, he was so tall!
    I'm only 6'1" but you were likely in awe of all my flowing, luxurious hair so I seemed much taller.

Good to meet ya, no, dad's Christmas gift will have to wait. Did find everything on my list but the AUG trigger.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Great show. Picked up my CZ Bren IIMS from the boys at Indiana Firearms in Lebanon. Thank you for letting me pick it up at the show.

Knife from Brad, lots of parts, no ammo, books (found brand new second printing of Infantry Weapons of WWII from Krause, very cheap), swag from ISRPA, an optic for the Bren, and mags--the mag mission (every show is dedicated to buying 1 type of mag) was Colt M635 mags, found a bunch of Duramags, used Colts for a song and one, only, one brand new Colt mag, dude, it was $80. So much salt.

Getting ready for H&R's M633 clone, may get a 10.5 M635 too.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ronnie Vanzant sighting!!

Spotted @Trevelayan here today. He’s way too big to escape and evade me.

Senator Freeman is here somewhere. Need to get some Intel on upcoming legislation.

Top Bottom