• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This one is in the Expo Hall (along 38th Street, west side of the fairgrounds.) Smaller pavilion, but it has the conditioned air.

I'm once again at the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA Booth. I'll bump the thread with the usual landmarks inside the pavilion. Stop by and holler.

Who will you see at the 1500? SPAM can Mom? 1911 lanyard carry dude? The Man from Glad (if it's raining?) Kill a commie for Mommy shirt guy with Kalashnikov shirt guy? Goths? Lives in a bad neighborhood guy? Flock of Seagulls? The Man from Glad? The extras from The Walking Dead? The cast of The Hills Have Eyes? The family who shoots together?

How many Police trade-in 870s will go out the door? (over/under is 5.)

Price points: I always scout out a few things to gauge how prices are looking. 9mm range ammo and Gen 2 PMags are my usual items. I also look for GI mags with the blue follower.

The 1500 after this one? The weekend before the election. That should be interesting.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    368   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I just heard the Freedom Ordinance Indiana State Steel Challenge Championship Match will be at Redbrush the same weekend as the 1500. I had planned on some range time but since all pistol bays will be closed, maybe a day trip to Indy is in order.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This one is trying to sneak up on me. I know the weather forecast is a guess at this point but if they guessed right it'll be really great weather. The Summer show was slow, will this one be busier? I look for the 1-3 November show (that's the weekend before the election) to be crazy.

Then again, my attendance forecasts are about as accurate as the weather forecasts.

Indhawkeye

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2018
    Zionsville
    This one is in the Expo Hall (along 38th Street, west side of the fairgrounds.) Smaller pavilion, but it has the conditioned air.

I'm once again at the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA Booth. I'll bump the thread with the usual landmarks inside the pavilion. Stop by and holler.

Who will you see at the 1500? SPAM can Mom? 1911 lanyard carry dude? The Man from Glad (if it's raining?) Kill a commie for Mommy shirt guy with Kalashnikov shirt guy? Goths? Lives in a bad neighborhood guy? Flock of Seagulls? The Man from Glad? The extras from The Walking Dead? The cast of The Hills Have Eyes? The family who shoots together?

How many Police trade-in 870s will go out the door? (over/under is 5.)

Price points: I always scout out a few things to gauge how prices are looking. 9mm range ammo and Gen 2 PMags are my usual items. I also look for GI mags with the blue follower.

The 1500 after this one? The weekend before the election. That should be interesting.

You listed The Man From Glad twice!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Made it to Friday and another 1500. I'll get out there later this AM and see what's what. The Expo Hall had bunnies when we made our trek out there in August. Hopefully they didn't bring in swine, horses, sheep, and/or cattle after the bunnies left.

Madmatt

Milsurps are my thing!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2022
    Switzerland County
    Looking at heading up today after work for my first time. How is this show for milsurps by and large? On par with the Show of Shows in Louisville?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Looking at heading up today after work for my first time. How is this show for milsurps by and large? On par with the Show of Shows in Louisville?
    Hello and thank you for supporting Ingo. I’ve never been to the show in Louisville, so I don’t really have a frame of reference on which is better for milsurps. They get a few more tables uncovered. I’ll be able to give you a better idea. Garand? M1 carbine? Something with a bolt?

Just to let you know, I can identify a
    Lee-Enfield, and I could tell you whether it looks like it was dug up out of Flanders field or not. Outside of that I’m a little iffy on some things.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    KellyinAvon LIVE from the Indy 1500. I’d like to thank our sponsor, OK I really need to get a sponsor.

More to follow as the tables fill.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    As far as the tore up street that is 38th St., when you come off 465 on the west side, the right lane disappears abruptly. Just passed Crown Hill going east the left lanes disappear both directions. That continues down past the fairgrounds, but you can turn in the main entrance there in the front.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    My phone reminded me this was this weekend. Nothing planned for today so I’ll take a ride over about 2pm and see what’s up. I don’t really need anything but it’s cheap entertainment for a few hours. At least it’s cheaper than a movie these days!
    I wonder how much primers are this time?

Matt

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I guess I won’t stop in at ZX since they will be down there today.
    That is correct, I can see them from where I’m sitting. They are straight down the main aisle from the entrance.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    My phone reminded me this was this weekend. Nothing planned for today so I’ll take a ride over about 2pm and see what’s up. I don’t really need anything but it’s cheap entertainment for a few hours. At least it’s cheaper than a movie these days!
    I wonder how much primers are this time?

Matt
    I’ll seek them out and see what I can find when the tables get a little more uncovered

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The NRA NRA-ILA ISRPA booth it’s just inside the entrance to the left. Straight up the aisle you will see the big bomb sign from revolver tactical. Like I said up post, up thread whatever ZX guns is straight up the aisle from the entrance.

Top Bottom