• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    Out of sight, Out of mind. I CC there during my visits because I usually have $4K in camera gear. Plus I'll be damned if I become a meal for one of the big cats, or bears that gets loose.

its highly unlikely that an escape would happen. in fact, its more likely that someone would jump into an enclosure rather than animal escape occurring.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Greenfield, Indiana
    its highly unlikely that an escape would happen. in fact, its more likely that someone would jump into an enclosure rather than animal escape occurring.

I used to work at the zoo at the Cafe at the Commons . The animals are only contained because the keepers are supposed to follow specific protocols. I have arrived to work on a few occasions where I was quickly told to stay indoors. We were advised later by zoo public relations that a keeper skipped one of those protocols, which had the potential of injuring people. That keeper is no longer employed there.

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    I used to work at the zoo at the Cafe at the Commons . The animals are only contained because the keepers are supposed to follow specific protocols. I have arrived to work on a few occasions where I was quickly told to stay indoors. We were advised later by zoo public relations that a keeper skipped one of those protocols, which had the potential of injuring people. That keeper is no longer employed there.

when did you work there? i am currently employed by the zoo.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    The zoo "animal security" personnel used to come out to ECPR and qualify with their Remington 700s in .300 Win-mag. They have a nice little arsenal there at the zoo.

Guy

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    The zoo "animal security" personnel used to come out to ECPR and qualify with their Remington 700s in .300 Win-mag. They have a nice little arsenal there at the zoo.

Guy

"Remington 700s in .300 Win-mag."

Talk about BIG BANG THEORY!!! :laugh:

Well, when you work around elephants, rhinos, and those flamingoes, you need an elephant gun.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    That's why I have a Ruger .375. You never know when you might need to put down a rogue flamingo.

It is the penguins I'm worried about. Those guys are well armed and master tacticians to boot!

madagascar-penguins-movie.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    There IS half a state below Indy ya know... :D

Yeah. The awesome half!

You're absolutely right. I mean you guys have that awesome EPD down there keeping all the current gun laws in check and what not. Meanwhile up here in the bad half of the state, we have PD's admitting fault and writing letters of apology. It's just not fair.... :D;)

Top Bottom