• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Great. Maybe this will extend the barrel zone to 30 miles on each side of the 15 feet of actual work being done on the roads. Maybe we can all slow down to 5mph when on the interstates, you know, something a little better suited to the pace at which our roads are being repaired, 5mm per day.

God forbid our elected leaders do something which actually makes sense like figuring out how other states manage to use the same piece of asphalt for more than 6 months before tearing it up to do it again. I just can't figure out why people have the audacity to want to do more than 30mph on an interstate, I mean what is wrong with people? Tax payers have funded $6,709,234,982155,245,128,374,682,881,284,233,661, 363,688.21 on roads in Indiana, why would anyone expect them to actually be open and useful as designed for more than 3 weeks at a time?

I honestly don't know why they don't just install automatic pop up barrels underneath the roads in this state. 25 million pneumatically operated barrels would have to be cheaper than having an Army of 5000 men and women who do nothing but put up and take down barrels on a daily basis.

Thank God we have politicians to straighten out this magnificent system by making sure everyone drives slower. Great job legislators.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    As long as we are wishing in one hand, I wish folks would stop "parking their *** " in passing lanes.

I wish Midwest drivers had some idea of what a passing lane is.
    It’s not just here. This is a thing everywhere.
    It is worse here than it used to be. When we moved to south Georgia in 86 I was stunned at how everybody camped out in the left lane. I was also stunned how everybody seemed to think it was not only ok, it's how you are supposed to do it.

The "right on red without slowing down and ending up in the far left lane" crap is actually worse than the left lane campers.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I always thought that having concrete barriers on both sides of a single lane just barely wide enough for a vehicle would make you either bounce off the walls or slow down.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    In case you haven’t noticed INDOT does not give a damn about how they screw up traffic flow in a supposed construction zone. They do not care about how much traffic comes to a 5 mph crawl or stopped in bumper to bumper frustration while the vehicles burn thousands of gallons of fuel. Despite the fact that the politicians scream about pollution from cars and trucks INDOT does nothing to alleviate this obvious problem!
    This my friends is the absolute truth!

Top Bottom