• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Lots of good Ju-Ju here for you Rick. Hang in and do that stuff that's good for you. It's not as much fun as the other way but you'll appreciate it more.
    I'm A LOT OLDER and I know things.

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Damn, I don't know how I missed this thread, but I'm glad to hear you are still with us. 9 days ago a good friend of over 20 years went unconscious and stopped breathing at breakfast with a bunch of friends and I was about 5 seconds away from doing rescue breathing when he started breathing on his own again. He has made a full recovery for which I am thankful. 25 years as an EMT and that little scene scared me more than any other I have encountered.

I hope your friend is doing okay brother...Thanks for sharing and thanks for the kind words...

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Just an update...I went to the Doctor today and he scheduled me for my follow up surgery for Thursday the 19th of March with a surgery prep the day before....It appears that Humpty Dumpty will be put back together again barring any problems...The wife said that they have to say that and everyone but me thinks it will go fine...Much less evasive surgery this time and the recovery will be much quicker....The negative is my thick old shepherds hook scar will remain but MUCH less pain and MUCH quicker recovery with this procedure...I am sitting here at the shop on a rainy day with none other than Millertyme....

It's good news and Lord willing all will go well.....

Millertyme and I are talking good bourbon and fugly commie guns...Bourbon and Cosmoline...Yummy.....

Shop will be closed 3/18 and should open the following Tuesday or Wednesday ......

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Just an update...I went to the Doctor today and he scheduled me for my follow up surgery for Thursday the 19th of March with a surgery prep the day before....It appears that Humpty Dumpty will be put back together again barring any problems...The wife said that they have to say that and everyone but me thinks it will go fine...Much less evasive surgery this time and the recovery will be much quicker....The negative is my thick old shepherds hook scar will remain but MUCH less pain and MUCH quicker recovery with this procedure...I am sitting here at the shop on a rainy day with none other than Millertyme....

It's good news and Lord willing all will go well.....

Millertyme and I are talking good bourbon and fugly commie guns...Bourbon and Cosmoline...Yummy.....

Shop will be closed 3/18 and should open the following Tuesday or Wednesday ......

We'll be praying for you.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Rick, being from NWI, have never been in your shop or met you in person. But glad you are back on INGO and feeling better. Have to say that it is very cool to see all the support from your fellow INGOers here on this thread. Just thought I would chime in as well. Sincere prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery! As my Italian relatives would say, Salute e cent'anni!, to health and 100 years!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Heh, Freudian slip showing your love of doctors and hospitals. :D

Real good to see you yesterday, best wishes for your recovery.

It was good seeing you and nice meeting your cohort...I could hang out with him all day...He is just one of those guys you can sit on a stool and listen to the stories til the cows come home....

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It was good seeing you and nice meeting your cohort...I could hang out with him all day...He is just one of those guys you can sit on a stool and listen to the stories til the cows come home....

You just described yourself there! :): Best of luck with your upcoming surgery brother. I'll keep you in my prayers up here in Canada!

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Kind of weird, I was just thinking about you and wondering when your follow up surgery was due and low and behold this thread is updated. Rick take as much time as you need to recover. Please don't rush back and push yourself. We all want you to heal well. Enjoy the meds and take care.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

We'll get down there again. You ought to get to Kingfish with us one day. :D

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Closing up the shop...Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise (and they are rising down here!) I will be back a week from today...Tomorrow is the prep and Thursday is the cutting...

I am starving!!!!! Is moonshine a clear liquid? Oh well probably not...Hard candy and clear liquids are a bane to a man who loves his biscuits and sausage gravy......I will let mausermike or gunaria know how the operation went on Thursday...Thanks for all of the prayers and support from the INGO community...It means a lot to the wife and I...

Take Care,

Rick

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom