• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Anyone who says no on AWB, but maybe on "expanded background checks" obviously is working from his finger in the air, not common sense. Waffling on any gun control law means you don't really have a stance and will flow which ever way the current goes. You can't be a little bit pregnant. You can't be both for and against gun control.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone who says no on AWB, but maybe on "expanded background checks" obviously is working from his finger in the air, not common sense. Waffling on any gun control law means you don't really have a stance and will flow which ever way the current goes. You can't be a little bit pregnant. You can't be both for and against gun control.

But apparently you can be for owning whatever, but not allowing FTF sales without background checks.

There's a lot of people that agree with him. :(

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    E-mail, call, and write on his Facebook page. He needs to know this action is supported and how we feel. Let him know mag restrictions, etc. are also not tolerable.

He's getting significant backlash from this announcement on his Facebook page....maybe we can even things up for him a little...comment under one of his topics and don't start your own comment section.

https://www.facebook.com/senatordonnelly?fref=ts

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    :rockwoot:

Agreed 110%.....

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011

Sen Donnelly,

Let me first congratulate you on your election. I did not vote for you, and that was largely in part because I did not understand your platform, and how it related to me personally. I've recently read that your stance on the Legislation pertaining to an assault weapons ban is not something you would endorse. I applaud you for listening to the people of Indiana, versus strictly voting party lines. I don't vote party lines either, so your willingness to represent me has caught my attention.

I do not support a capacity limitation on magazines. The ability to defend myself relies on me having a standard capacity magazine for my weapon. Limiting it to an arbitrary number does nothing more than provide a false sense of security. In reality, An honest citizen needs the ability to be armed for multiple threats should they arise.

Further more, as I listened to the testimony today, it was mentioned that 6.6 million firearms were sold without a background check, and roughly 40% were at gun shows. More importantly, the prosecution rate for those who submit false information has declined. While it is important to note that I fully support responsible gun ownership, the background check part of this bill is also window dressing. We must enforce the current laws and allow that deterrent to resonate among those with criminal intent.

Capt. Mark Kelly testified that a 10 round magazine would have saved the life of the 9 year old girl. He also stated that Gabby was shot with bullet #1 from a person who had passed a background check, and purchased the firearm legally. This is the area were the legislation can be improved. We must prevent the first shot from being fired. Choosing to ignore the first 10 rounds fired criminally is a tragedy. The way to do this is not with further legislation.

I also heard that there are roughly 4 million AR15s in the US today. So if 2-3 are being used to carry out mass murder each year, I would argue that the current laws are providing a 99.99% effective solution to curb gun violence.

Thank you for your time, and as you go about doing the work of the nation, I'll continue to keep a watchful eye and lend my support for those who represent me.

flnt38

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    I am glad to hear of this. i am going to email him as soon as i leave here and voice my support for his decision and to keep the pressure on for the rest of what we do not want passed. i also agree it would have been nice if he had contacted us in response to our correspondence with him.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Sent this to him:
    Hello Senator Donnelly,

I am happy to hear that you will not support the 'AWB' that is being proposed, however, there is more to this than simply banning semi-automatic sporting rifles.

What those seeking to infringe upon our 2nd Amendment Rights refer to as "high capacity" magazines are, in fact, standard capacity magazines.

I would ask that you take a look at what the Department of Homeland Security feels is appropriate for a "PDW" or "Personal Defense Weapon" and then ask why a civilian working for the government has a right to a 30 round magazine while a father protecting his family and home from violent criminals does not have the same right.

To make things a little easier for you, you can see for yourself the explanation right on fbo.gov at https://www.fbo.gov/utils/view?id=09c3d5e933bc24416b752b57294a17b3 and if you wish to review all of the documentation it's available at https://www.fbo.gov/?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=d791b6aa0fd9d3d8833b2efa08300033&tab=core&_cview=0

At the end of the day should violent criminals break into my place of residence to do harm to me, my wife, or my 5 month old child I would prefer to do as little manipulation to my firearm, such as reloading, as possible.

Criminals do not obey the laws and will continue to carry standard capacity magazines in their firearms regardless of whether I am legally permitted or not. Making it illegal for an American Citizen to have a standard capacity magazine puts them at a clear disadvantage should the need arise for them to defend themselves or their families.

Thank you,

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Darnit, I proof-read that letter 4 times and just spotted two errors... I hate the fact that my mind fixes things as I read them so I overlook the errors......... Typos fixed in the post - and in my printed copy I will mail.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    I will bet dollars to donuts that Joe's actions will support an expansion of the government.

If anyone wants to take this action, let me know.

Top Bottom