• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm glad to hear that. Perhaps.....just thinking out loud here....he could respond to his constituents FIRST, before he looks into the camera and tells the world. I appreciate direct communication, esp when I have asked a direct question of him/his staff.

Took almost a month for me to get a letter back from Coats. I'm sure Donnelly's office is just as busy. I've got no problem with a media announcement, since it accomplishes the same thing. He's made his position clear and we can hold him accountable for that, regardless of its on ink or on electrons.

Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Joe will continue to say he is against it...right up until the time Harry Reid tells him to vote for it.

He was against Obamacare, too until Nancy told him to get in line.

I know Joe. Don't go claiming victory yet.

This I what I fear the most.

I sent a letter through ruger and then a personalized letter to the senators and reps. There are few issues that push me to write multiple lawmakers. Gun rights is número uno.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    While I will wait to find out what his actual vote says, I am going to send another letter thanking him for his stance.

Also we must help him understand the lie of the "gun show loophole" and that honest people selling to other honest people should not be regulated. I am figuring he doesn't understand "universal background checks" as well as that magazine bans didn't do squat during the 1994 ban.

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    Emailed him again. Thanked him for the support he has showed so far, and encouraged him to remain steadfast in his support of the constitution.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    But we need to stay on him for his "Universal Background Check" waffle.

For those who don't know, if that Universal Background Check were to pass, then you could not buy your kid a Cricket 22 rifle for Christmas next year. That rifle would be YOUR rifle. For your kid (or grandkid, or niece or nephew) to own that gun you'd have to take them to the gun dealer and pay the FFL dealer a "transfer" fee to pass on that gift to them!

Next time you hear "gunshow loophole" or you hear "universal background check" or you hear that 40% of all gun transactions are done without a background check, you now know that most of that 40% is gifts from Husband to Wife ... Parent to Child ... Grandparent to Grandchild ... Uncle to Niece/Nephew ... or similar family 'transfers.'

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    He saw the handwriting on the wall and saw it was going nowhere.

My prediction is he will vote for universal background checks and the magazine capacity bills. He will call them commen sense gun laws..

Yeah, looks good right now. He knows that if he votes for it, he likely won't get reelected. Won't be surprised if he votes for it and then claims that he was against it before he was for it, a la John F'ing Kerry. :dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Putnam County
    that is very good news glad to hear that as well I'm happy to say that I wrote via email everyday to donnelly and state reps every day opossing any legislation of a so called assault weapons ban hats off to donnelly.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Definitely a good start. Agree with everyone above stating to keep on him. Just sent an email and printed out a hard copy message to mail to his Indiana office thanking him for his initial statement and encouraging him to know we are all aware of what is going on and we'll be monitoring events.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    But we need to stay on him for his "Universal Background Check" waffle.

For those who don't know, if that Universal Background Check were to pass, then you could not buy your kid a Cricket 22 rifle for Christmas next year. That rifle would be YOUR rifle. For your kid (or grandkid, or niece or nephew) to own that gun you'd have to take them to the gun dealer and pay the FFL dealer a "transfer" fee to pass on that gift to them!

Next time you hear "gunshow loophole" or you hear "universal background check" or you hear that 40% of all gun transactions are done without a background check, you now know that most of that 40% is gifts from Husband to Wife ... Parent to Child ... Grandparent to Grandchild ... Uncle to Niece/Nephew ... or similar family 'transfers.'

There are gun owners who support this. :n00b: Next year, they'll support other common-sense restrictions, like ten-round magazines. Then the year after that, ammo tax, and so on.

Sounds like Joe waited a while before declaring his stance. I bet if it had more support in congress, he would have gone with the flow. Either way, I'm glad he stood on the right side.

NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    Sent note thanking him and asking him to stand firm and resist magazine bans, gun registration or owner lists, and laws that would prevent transfer of firearms among family members.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Biased Media at Work Again

I hope everyone noted the biased media at work once again.

Although the article is about Senator Joe Donnelly opposing the AWB. The accompanying video clip is of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords plea for gun control. Crafty bastards could have just mentioned Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in the article and shown no clip or a clip supporting the article. But you are not going to get anything but slight of hand from American media at large.

Top Bottom