• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The founders did not actually say, but I think that representative republic is the best description. That's just my opinion. And we know all opinions are like noses most of them smell.

alex00

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    With some of these bills, I wouldn't mind them becoming a law if I knew that that's as far as legislation would go on guns. i.e. I wouldn't mind the training requirement if I knew that this would be the last gun control legislation passed in Indiana. But herein lies the problem: if you give big government politicians an inch they are going to take a mile. Once you say, "oh training requirements aren't that bad", then that's going to become the norm and then they will continue to push for more gun control. The second that the bill about a training requirement became law there would be an instantaneous movement by the liberals to greater restrict our freedoms.

That's why I hate the arguments of "oh you wouldn't even go for a little bit more gun control"? Well yea, if I knew that was as far as it would go, but I'm not going to let them slowly squeeze away my rights.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Should we also fight to repeal testing requirements for drivers licenses too?

(apply purple as you see fit)

Absolutely. Passing a test when under a watchful eye a safe driver does not make. Proven by the extremely high fatality rate involving motor vehicles. I doubt eliminating the testing requirement would have any measurable effect on accident rates.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom