• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    We just want our freedom. That is my politics.

You are free to enjoy whatever level of slavery you desire. You seem to want Gubmint mandates imposed on us for your convenience/conscious sake.

Who in this conversation is trying to force their politics on someone?

There is no use arguing about the depletion of the Grand Banks fishery with a guy who doesn't leave his front porch in Indiana.

You guys wouldn't make a very good football team. No one would assent to a plan unless they thought of it first! Hah.

Rugged individualists. Yep. Given half a chance, you'd be a real bear to work for.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    There is no use arguing about the depletion of the Grand Banks fishery with a guy who doesn't leave his front porch in Indiana.

You guys wouldn't make a very good football team. No one would assent to a plan unless they thought of it first! Hah.

Rugged individualists. Yep. Given half a chance, you'd be a real bear to work for.

This doesn't even make sense.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Well, Blue Falcon doesn't travel, so CCW in other states isn't of interest to him. Arguing about 50 state carry is about the same as arguing about fish off Newfoundland: he doesn't care about anyone else's issues.

As to the rest, who cares whether you get it or not? But, to be nice, I wonder what kind of bosses you would be. My first impression is that you'd be difficult to work for. I don't really see any "team players" among you. Anarchy football. An interesting concept.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Well, Blue Falcon doesn't travel, so CCW in other states isn't of interest to him. Arguing about 50 state carry is about the same as arguing about fish off Newfoundland: he doesn't care about anyone else's issues.

As to the rest, who cares whether you get it or not? But, to be nice, I wonder what kind of bosses you would be. My first impression is that you'd be difficult to work for. I don't really see any "team players" among you. Anarchy football. An interesting concept.

Interesting ideas. I would say that you have misunderstood Blue Falcon's position. He simply understands that all 50 states are obligated to recognize our constitution rights, therefore appeasing them by voluntarily accepting infringements withing our state should be a moot point.

As for being bosses, my brothers and I have only been in the bossing business less than two months but it seems to be working out well enough.

In the end, I would remind you that there are viable solutions, often preferable solutions available other than kowtowing to yet more infringements on our rights.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport

I am my own boss, and I have to say, I am a horrible boss to work for. My boss doesn't even let me have restroom breaks!

apsjiml

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    What you are saying sounds logical, it really does. Ah, a training requirement, you will have less accidents and less problems. No!! Look at Arizona, Here, Vermont, we must have way more problems that say, Michigan or Oklahoma or Florida that requires training. Well, the fact is, we don't. I think it is a good idea, and I think people can decide what training they need for themselves. The argument for a training requirement sounds logical, but it doesn't have any facts or real reason why it should be done.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    We have certainly had an interesting discussion here. I enjoyed the heroic attempts of the bright and well spoken lady, to bring some education to the unwashed masses. How many truly believe ,that we live in a democratic republic? The will of the majority must take preeminence? A living document? Is this what most folks really believe?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    We have certainly had an interesting discussion here. I enjoyed the heroic attempts of the bright and well spoken lady, to bring some education to the unwashed masses. How many truly believe ,that we live in a democratic republic? The will of the majority must take preeminence? A living document? Is this what most folks really believe?

I would say it depends on how old they are and how much they have been properly instructed at home. Unfortunately, most schools are teaching this s**t as fact, not out of ignorance but out of fulfilling the dreams of John Dewey and Horace Mann of using compulsory public education as a vehicle of raising up good little statists regardless of what the Constitution may say.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Watcha mean? This is not a Democratic Republic? Not a Democracy? We don't get a vote?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Watcha mean? This is not a Democratic Republic? Not a Democracy? We don't get a vote?

Oh, I was addressing the fact that most people who use that phrase use it in the context that it means we are really a democracy with this strange word 'republic' tacked on (whatever that means) as opposed to a republic which selects it officeholders through democratic elections.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Yes. Us submariners were known for not being team players.
    Very judgmental?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Team play.
    All on the American team.
    ACA we all pay for each other's health care.
    But, the obese, smokers, and gun enthusiasts must be eliminated, to make room for acceptable perversions.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Actually, we are a Federal Republic, according to the Wiki people. But, Constitutional Republic and Democratic Republic could also be argued, depending on your view of where power is derived.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Actually, we are a Federal Republic, according to the Wiki people. But, Constitutional Republic and Democratic Republic could also be argued, depending on your view of where power is derived.

I would consider any of the above to be correct in fact with the caveat regarding misuse of 'democratic' to imply a democracy rather than a republic with elected office holders. The remainder seems to devolve into a chicken and egg argument when both are necessary in the cycle of sustaining the system.

Top Bottom