Indiana Second Amendment March is now set!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    Wouldn't it make more sense to have the longgunners march at right shoulder arms?

Further, wouldn't it be more impressive to have the longgunners lead the march, with handgunners following?

250254204_f7bf3c7dc0.jpg

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    I agree completely that marches, calls, emails, letters, demonstrations, town hall meetings, etc, etc do no matter to today's politicians. They just don't care anymore. They don't represent us and they know it thus could care less what we think.

Listen, seeing the militia march through the streets of America will scare the hell out of the politicians and cops.

This is a good thing.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Listen, seeing the militia march through the streets of America will scare the hell out of the politicians and cops.

This is a good thing.

The police were notified last walk and sent a couple of cars to shadow the event.
    We want to educate the public on what the laws are now and why it is important to not have any further restriction on our rights.
    The politicians should fear educated voters. Knowledge is power.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    The politicians should fear educated voters. Knowledge is power.

The politicians don't fear voters, since the system is built to ensure that one of two very similar parties wins. Whoever wins, the status quo won't be changed much.

We went through this in 1994. The Republicans got us all in a frenzy over Clinton, and we got the Republican Revolution and Contract with America.

As we all saw, nothing much changed, and the Republicans gave us more restrictions on gun ownership. Remember, the Lautenberg Amendment banning misdemeanants from owning guns was passed in 1996, when Republicans had control.

Unless we all start voting third party, we're deluding ourselves by thinking one of the two major parties is going to save us. We need saving from them.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Let's meet at the south side of the block.

Thanks,

Jared

If we end up getting a lot of people, I would recommend meeting at White River Park. It's a State Park so carry is legal there. As opposed to a city park. It will offer a larger area, a central location to park, and it avoids a lot of people walking up to the meeting spot by themselves carrying rifles and such. I know some people don't like that idea.

OR

We could use the same parking lot as I used for the OC Walk. It's free on the weekends and has all the benefits of White River. And it's only 5 blocks from the circle, and 8 blocks from the state house.

I know either one changes the proposed route but it's a couple options that offer a central parking lot that we can all meet at.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My Suggestion

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the longgunners march at right shoulder arms?

Further, wouldn't it be more impressive to have the longgunners lead the march, with handgunners following?

250254204_f7bf3c7dc0.jpg
    If you really want to have an impact on the positives of gun ownership and the shooting sports try to group like minded owners together, Vintage milatary long guns Mosins, Mausers, Garands ect, shotgun sports, High power comp, hand gun sports...you get the Idea. That may make it look less like a mob with guns as I'm sure our good friends in the press wil portray us. I hope to be there jus not sure what I'll bring.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If you really want to have an impact on the positives of gun ownership and the shooting sports try to group like minded owners together, Vintage milatary long guns Mosins, Mausers, Garands ect, shotgun sports, High power comp, hand gun sports...you get the Idea. That may make it look less like a mob with guns as I'm sure our good friends in the press wil portray us. I hope to be there jus not sure what I'll bring.

Don't count on the media covering this. I emailed every news agency in the state and the cable news networks. All of them. Except the Indy Star, cause I have disdain for the Star. However, not ONE showed up last time. Maybe we'll get lucky this time. :dunno:

GunRightsNews

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Russiaville
    Podcast Interview with Jared

I interviewed Jared, the coordinator of the Indy March, on my Podcast tonight. You can find the podcast here in the show notes, or subscribe on iTunes. Several of us from the Gun Rights Radio Network will be there.

If you don't want to listen to the entire podcast, the 10 minute interview with Jared starts about 3:40 in.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    You guys should do the march when the city is having a huge convention. That will get everyones attention.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You guys should do the march when the city is having a huge convention. That will get everyones attention.

I tried that with the OC Walk. They rescheduled the concert 2 days before to a later hour. :dunno: :laugh:

It would be nice though.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I was checking out the other states' rally news and found this for Ohio...

In reference to the "Armed

Submitted by DaytonFF (not verified) on Tue, 03/30/2010 - 18:05.
    Average: Select ratingPoorOkayGoodGreatAwesomePoor
    Okay
    Good
    Great
    Awesome

Your rating: None

In reference to the "Armed March" it is my understanding, (thereby my actions) that it is illegal to carry on any PROPERTY that is OWNED or LEASED by any US, State, County or Local Government AGENCY. My interpretation is this: (I am not a lawyer in anyway just an educated Gun owner) While the sidewalk is PUBLIC property, it COULD be argued that it is the grounds of the statehouse. Therefore, I would NOT stand in front of statehouse on the sidewalk with my firearm. IF I did this, I would stand across the street, on a sidewalk, in FRONT of a private business. I would stay away from parks, federal buildings, state buildings. Also, I would park on the street if it was available, away from government buildings. Furthermore, it would be a good idea to carry your weapon WITHOUT ammunition, and maybe without the magazine. You might also want to find out Columbus' City ordinances. Mainly regarding permits and protests. Also, counter protesters may and probably will be your largest opposition. While carrying proves you are not dangerous and guns dont kill people, I would not like to spend a night in jail for a bull**** misdemeanor or possibly a Felony due to illegal carry. You also have to consider criminal trespass charges (normally a misdemeanor but turns to a felony if you have a weapon) (from that private business if they dont support you) or Inducing Panic/Inciting a Riot/Disorderly Conduct/Failure to comply with a law enforcement officer. This is an easy reason for an officer to arrest you. You usually have to be committing another crime to be charged with Inducing/Inciting and Disorderly, not just in the possession of a weapon. Keep in mind if you get arrested for demonstrating illegally, you face a felony if you have a weapon. It's an ordeal I would not want to go through myself.
    Ladies and gentlemen, I tell you this one CCW owner to fellow CCW holders and gun enthusiasts. I wish you all a peaceful, productive, positive protest. I'd love to see you not carry your weapons and protest, than to never protest again (or at least anytime soon)
    Be safe, M Lyons

I was :wtf:?!?!?! Glad I don't live in OHIO!! It's perfectly legal to carry on the sidewalks of the Statehouse here. Confirmed that with capitol police at the first Tax Day Tea Party!!

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I was checking out the other states' rally news and found this for Ohio...

I was :wtf:?!?!?! Glad I don't live in OHIO!! It's perfectly legal to carry on the sidewalks of the Statehouse here. Confirmed that with capitol police at the first Tax Day Tea Party!!

Don't necessarily take all his points at face value, most of that is probably B.S. Especially considering his ideas about no ammo and even no loaded mags.

In any event, I'm not in Ohio so I could care less about fact checking it beyond that.

jaramia20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Michigan City
    I tried that with the OC Walk. They rescheduled the concert 2 days before to a later hour. :dunno: :laugh:

It would be nice though.

You should do it on Gen-Con weekend . Its a 24hr all weekend Con . Lets see them try to move THAT , LOL . This year it's August 5-8 . I come down for it every year . I would be up for a " walk " while I'm there ....

fpdcop

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Madison County
    If anyone is interested in a Second Amendment Task Force shirt for the march, I have a few left in stock. I can email or text pics upon request.

Top Bottom