Indiana Second Amendment March is now set!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    Thanks SE & I'm not trying to be negative but...

The "pro-immigration" people had a march on DC 2 weekends ago & what became of it? NOTHING They had marche don DC several times now (annually) asking for some type of ammnesty law and Congress has yet to act on it and I don't they have the willpower or time to do it this session.

[I'm not saying I want ammnesty just saying what other groups have done]

Already brought up the "non-obamacare group" and how they marched on DC and yet that still passed.

I'm not sure that a march is going to remind congress about AWB2 or any other type of gun law right now.

1) They are not listening anymore to the people
    2) They are going into nov election mode so nothing else is going to get done now.
    3) There is no current pending bills on guns that I know of that they will vote on.

It just seems like the "not right time" to do the march that is all. We are just parading around our "forces" to the enemy who already knows we are here.

We should be taking the fight to them and be pushing for repeals of the current gun laws, etc...

SE I know you are not personally involved with this & sorry if my "anger/doubts" is directed @ you (per my writing) just not sure that the march right now is overall in the best interest of 2A movements.

Yes from one side I see it just shows the strenght we have but at the same time I feel that our limited resources should be spent on taking on the current gun laws.

If you have no desire to come that is fine. I've never understood the deal with some people. If this isn't for you that is ok, wish those that do go well and move on. Constructive ideas are good but constant "this is stupid", "this is pointless", "this isn't going to go well", "this will be a disaster", "you are going to get arrested" crap only serves to discourage others who are on the fence.

Certainly we are all big boys and girls and we can hopefully make up our own minds whether participating is good for us and our family or not.

I didn't participate in the last OC Walk thread much and won't this one either because all the people being negative about it drives me crazy.

I went to the 1st OC Walk bringing my son and my GF's son and if my schedule works out we will go to this one as well.

Good luck to those who go, bring comfortable shoes.

musclecarr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Owen County
    Sorry, I should've looked at tha rules closer, I see it was rifles, I thought I had seen something about handguns with one in the chamber. My bad.:ugh:

Rich.Carpenter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Fishers
    @millsusaf - jediagh's was merely an alternate view, nothing more. That sort of civil discussion is very healthy and should be welcomed. I thought he was clear in the fact that he supports the 2A efforts. What more can one ask?

I'm considering showing up for the march. Good luck to everyone.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @millsusaf - jediagh's was merely an alternate view, nothing more. That sort of civil discussion is very healthy and should be welcomed. I thought he was clear in the fact that he supports the 2A efforts. What more can one ask?

I'm considering showing up for the march. Good luck to everyone.

Thanks Rich. Millsusaf I do support 2A (some would have to the extreme) and did support SE's walk last year (could not make it) but told him he should do it and ignore the nay-sayers.

My fustration is with "a march" is that I'm not sure if it's effective. I pointed the Pro-Immigration marches becuase I've kept up with those (do not participate but seeing what the "other side" is doing). In Chicago (where I work) they have a pro-immigration march twice a year (several thousands strong) for at least the past 3 years. & what has it done?
    !!!NOTHING!!!

They are marching for an ammenstry program yet their march has done nothing to move that cause. So me thinks that perhaps "a march" in ineffective in the current climate.

Roll back the clock several decades to the "Martin Luther King marches" and one can say that yes those marches in conjunction with other work did bring change. (Be it good or bad change depends on your viewpoint).

So my concern/comments is that I'm not sure if "a march" is the most effective "tool" now-a-days. Espeically a march that is not asking for a specific change at that. Heck the pro-immigrations ones are asking for something specific and they are NOT getting listened to. Now 2A is just wanting DC to know we are here.

Again we need to take the fight on the offense. Go for repeal of gun laws in Congress. Yes that is on the extreme side but I guess I am the type that wants action we can see and plan on the fly as oppose to plan, plan, plan and then have action.

[action = not violence but action as in the process of a bill passing, a change in the politican make-up of the congress with more 2A people be them D, R, or I or something else, etc..]

Right now I'm not sure that "a march" is the best tool for the war we are fighting. Think if we could "march" and bring to Congress a new written bill and say this is what we want now vote on it or write it right and vote on it. That puts the "ball" back in their court and shows Congress that we are serious.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I really wish Jared or one of his organizers would come back here and keep people updated. The Meach kept people updated on facebook and I kept the Indy Defenders of Liberty updated regularly regardless if there was an update or not. I'm not even an organizer for this event yet it seems only one or two of us are really explaining things for them. :rolleyes: Either way, I'll be attending and I hope everyone here shows up. Unity is strength, and strength is numbers.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    My fustration is with "a march" is that I'm not sure if it's effective. I pointed the Pro-Immigration marches becuase I've kept up with those (do not participate but seeing what the "other side" is doing). In Chicago (where I work) they have a pro-immigration march twice a year (several thousands strong) for at least the past 3 years. & what has it done?
    !!!NOTHING!!!

They are marching for an ammenstry program yet their march has done nothing to move that cause. So me thinks that perhaps "a march" in ineffective in the current climate.

I have a feeling that the amnesty people will be getting taken care of very shortly unfortunately. A march shows our mutual support and that their are a group of unified like minded people out there.:patriot:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    irishfan there will be NO amensity this year. We have 8 months left before the election at this point Congress is tired and 1/3 of them need to get ready for re-electin season. Recall that they have a spring break coming up (not a week like the shcools but much longer) and then summer break (again long) and then it's fall and election time. Some are in even hot water over the ObamaCare and need to lay low for a while. They do not have the "will" to vote for something else so unpopular and that will take so much time. Obamacare took 18 month right after 30 years of fighting for it. Ammensity (if it comes) will come after 2010 but before 2012. It serves no purpose for the 2010 election but a HUGE purpose for the 2012 time frame.

CouncilOfDave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Anderson
    Looks like I picked a good week to take vacation time this year.
    :rockwoot:

However, since my permit is currently expired (I know, my fault) it's either a long gun, or no gun for me...

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    Thanks Rich. Millsusaf I do support 2A (some would have to the extreme) and did support SE's walk last year (could not make it) but told him he should do it and ignore the nay-sayers.

!!!NOTHING!!!

Roll back the clock several decades to the "Martin Luther King marches" and one can say that yes those marches in conjunction with other work did bring change. (Be it good or bad change depends on your viewpoint).

So my concern/comments is that I'm not sure if "a march" is the most effective "tool" now-a-days. Espeically a march that is not asking for a specific change at that. Heck the pro-immigrations ones are asking for something specific and they are NOT getting listened to. Now 2A is just wanting DC to know we are here.

Again we need to take the fight on the offense. Go for repeal of gun laws in Congress. Yes that is on the extreme side but I guess I am the type that wants action we can see and plan on the fly as oppose to plan, plan, plan and then have action.

[action = not violence but action as in the process of a bill passing, a change in the politican make-up of the congress with more 2A people be them D, R, or I or something else, etc..]

Right now I'm not sure that "a march" is the best tool for the war we are fighting. Think if we could "march" and bring to Congress a new written bill and say this is what we want now vote on it or write it right and vote on it. That puts the "ball" back in their court and shows Congress that we are serious.

I agree completely that marches, calls, emails, letters, demonstrations, town hall meetings, etc, etc do no matter to today's politicians. They just don't care anymore. They don't represent us and they know it thus could care less what we think.

I am not old enough to have experienced any of the 60's protests however I think the protests and marches back in the day were so effective at causing change because no one had ever done anything like that before. It was a shock to the entire country. I can not even fathom my grandparents reaction to seeing that on television. Even though your "typical" Tea Party like person of today has never marched or protested before the act is old news to the group that basically invented it.

This however does not mean that we don't still keep it up and try. They are hoping the fire they lit under out rears will go out soon. We can't stop or even let up.....eventually they will get the hint that we surround them. Then and only then will change (not Obama's change) happen.

Thank you for you input.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    I really wish Jared or one of his organizers would come back here and keep people updated. The Meach kept people updated on facebook and I kept the Indy Defenders of Liberty updated regularly regardless if there was an update or not. I'm not even an organizer for this event yet it seems only one or two of us are really explaining things for them. :rolleyes: Either way, I'll be attending and I hope everyone here shows up. Unity is strength, and strength is numbers.

speaking of which I'm gonna use the group from the last walk to get the word out about this march on FB.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    speaking of which I'm gonna use the group from the last walk to get the word out about this march on FB.

Just seen that. Sounds good to me. Hopefully it helps. I've not seen anything else about it ANYWHERE. Doesn't look like Jared's promoting this well...

sticks4walking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Nobletucky
    SavageEagle: As far as I know, Jared isnt on INGO, could be mistaken. I recieved an e-mail from him and posted it here. He got my info from an e-mail I sent him a while back about the national march. I have sent him e-mails trying to get more info with no reply.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    SavageEagle: As far as I know, Jared isnt on INGO, could be mistaken. I recieved an e-mail from him and posted it here. He got my info from an e-mail I sent him a while back about the national march. I have sent him e-mails trying to get more info with no reply.

Yea, same with me. I had his phone number, but I lost it it's been so long since we talked. I'm pretty sure I talked him into creating an account though. Maybe not. Either way I'm sure he's got more organizers than himself. Surely they could at least come here and chime in with some answers. If not then we have to get ahold of him and I can do it for him.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The RSVP's go straight to the Main organizers. It's so the Rally shows up on the website and the emails.

I'm going to have to get with Jared to find out specifics.

Top Bottom