• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    Try working as a nurse. You can quit but almost all jobs want one month notice if you want to remain employable in the area.
    you live in the wrong area, or work in the wrong one at the very least
    They threaten not to pay you any accrued vacation without proper notice.
    oh yeah. Let's not forget how they threaten to fire you if you don't work over
    you don't like overtime pay?
    if you need the day off for family without 2 hour notice
    sucks, but you knew when you went into the profession that peoples lives depend on you.
    and if you call in sick too much when you are exposed to every possible disease on the planet daily.
    hand hygiene, hand hygiene, hand hygiene, just saying

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    Indiana is an "At will employment state" anyway. Employers are not required to provide a reason for termination, they can just pull the old Donald Trump
    url

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Try working as a nurse. You can quit but almost all jobs want one month notice if you want to remain employable in the area.
    They threaten not to pay you any accrued vacation without proper notice.
    oh yeah. Let's not forget how they threaten to fire you if you don't work over, if you need the day off for family without 2 hour notice, and if you call in sick too much when you are exposed to every possible disease on the planet daily.

Sounds tough. The great thing about this country is that you may choose any job and any industry and you may choose any salary you wish. As long as someone is willing to pay you that salary, that is. So, fly away and be free from nursing, little bird.

"But," you say, "This is what I'm trained for, this is my liveliehood, I can't earn this much in another profession where employees are treated in the way I have imagined."

In that case, dance to the tune. Or dance to another tune. Smells like freedom.

Sure they COULD, but who would be so illogical and asinine to do something that would require THAT much paperwork without due cause?

My boss hates firing people, and he's a gun guy, too... so I think I'd be okay with him. My DIRECT supervisor, maybe not so much... but I could always appeal with my boss.

They CAN decide to fire me if I fail to comply with corporate policy, slack off at my job, or do something RIDICULOUSLY stupid that would endanger myself, patients, and, other co-workers... which I would fully expect, suck up, and deal with if I had.

Yep, who would be that stupid? I don't know. All I know is that you have the RIGHT to be as stupid as you want with all voluntary relationships, which employment is. You voluntarily work there, the owner voluntarily pays you to work there. When one of you ceases to volunteer, the relationship is over.

Indiana is an "At will employment state" anyway. Employers are not required to provide a reason for termination, they can just pull the old Donald Trump
    url

Yep.

"You're fired."

"But, why?"

"Because we're terminating our relationship with you."

"But, but, didn't I rock your world?"

"Sure you did, baby, but it's over, get it?"

Top Bottom