Indiana Is Dead Last And Apparently Proud Of It...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Pretty obvious sales pitch from the CEO of a 10 year old company that never made a marketable product or decent profit until the magic jab. Let him start paying for all the healthy people who have died, or better yet the medical bills for previously healthy who are now needing a lifetime of cardiac and/or neurological treatments to survive their now diminished lives.

Or take him to final justice, somebody bring a length of good rope...

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Good points, and now that you mention it, JH was anti gun, if the definition means that because he was in the military he is more equal to own guns. Not the first military guy I’ve seen think that the masses shouldn’t have guns, but tHeY’vE bEeN tRaiNeD.
    Reminds me that more often than not, somebody who believes the right to bear arms should be "restricted" to certain limited groups, is USUALLY a member of one of these groups, and hence exempted from any restrictions they say should be put on the rest of us.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Reminds me that more often than not, somebody who believes the right to bear arms should be "restricted" to certain limited groups, is USUALLY a member of one of these groups, and hence exempted from any restrictions they say should be put on the rest of us.
    Usually so, with exception of the Demanding Mommies. They advocate for govt to have all the guns.

Always wanted to have that conversation with one of them:
    Me: so you think government should have all the legally owned guns? Military and police only?
    DM: yes. It’s for the children!
    Me: and do you trust the government, no matter who is running it?
    DM: well, no…. :n00b:
    Me: the average police response time on a good day is eight minutes. We have been talking for about four. How much damage to your body could an attacker have done in that time?
    DM: :nailbite::n00b:
    Me: maybe a good time to rethink your position…. I’ll leave you to that.

I love watching the lights come on.

Blessings,
    Bill

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Pretty obvious sales pitch from the CEO of a 10 year old company that never made a marketable product or decent profit until the magic jab. Let him start paying for all the healthy people who have died, or better yet the medical bills for previously healthy who are now needing a lifetime of cardiac and/or neurological treatments to survive their now diminished lives.

Or take him to final justice, somebody bring a length of good rope...

Garrote for the win....again!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Usually so, with exception of the Demanding Mommies. They advocate for govt to have all the guns.

Always wanted to have that conversation with one of them:
    Me: so you think government should have all the legally owned guns? Military and police only?
    DM: yes. It’s for the children!
    Me: and do you trust the government, no matter who is running it?
    DM: well, no…. :n00b:
    Me: the average police response time on a good day is eight minutes. We have been talking for about four. How much damage to your body could an attacker have done in that time?
    DM: :nailbite::n00b:
    Me: maybe a good time to rethink your position…. I’ll leave you to that.

I love watching the lights come on.

Blessings,
    Bill
    Maybe that would be a good demo in the Statehouse.
    Announce a "response time of X minutes".
    Use rubber knife to stab person for X minutes.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Back in 2003 when I was an Illinois resident I took a course to get a Utah carry license. The instructor gave his wife/assistant a stop watch and one student a rubber knife and one a toy gun. Knife guy was to attack and stab the guy with the gun untill told to stop. The gun guy was to draw and shoot the attacker. Knife guy got to stab gun guy first then gun guy yells bang bang and knife guy stops. Instructor tells him no one told him to stop so he continues to stab for 30 seconds.
    Instructor explains a determined and possibly intoxicated (drugged up) attacker can continue an attack for 30 seconds or so even after a fatal shot. After we had discussed this for several minutes the wife/assistant with the stop watch had been forgotten. Then she called "time," this represented the average police response time. Rather impressive demostration at the time. Jim.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You could also just use a pen. Or fists, obviously pantomimed, but showing how many hits could be gotten in in 2 minutes. Maybe show a still image of someone killed by one hit in that thing that was supposedly popular as a gang initiation a while back, the "knockout game".

At a talk I gave at my local library a few years ago, one woman asked me about the old "BG could take the gun away from you!" canard. For just about a quarter of a second, I considered my holstered pistol, but instead picked up a TV remote control that was sitting on the lectern. I pointed that at her from about 5 feet away and said, "Go ahead. Take it from me." She didn't move, but my point was made. Had she moved, I would have said, "Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang." I went on to explain, "When you get up in the morning, and you're getting dressed, as you reach for your handgun, you have to ask yourself: "Am I willing to use this to, if necessary, take another person's life in protection of my own or those dear to me?" If the answer is no, you don't pick it up. You have to have the will to use it, it's not a magic amulet."

Most of the room, and I don't recall if the woman asking the question was one of them, was nodding in agreement.

At the same talk, I started with the 2A, reading it verbatim, in its entirety. I then picked up the book of various laws I got when I got my C&R FFL.... Threw that book on the floor and said, "There's about 20,000 infringements on the books right now.... "

That was kinda fun. I might have to think about doing another one of those.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Back in 2003 when I was an Illinois resident I took a course to get a Utah carry license. The instructor gave his wife/assistant a stop watch and one student a rubber knife and one a toy gun. Knife guy was to attack and stab the guy with the gun untill told to stop. The gun guy was to draw and shoot the attacker. Knife guy got to stab gun guy first then gun guy yells bang bang and knife guy stops. Instructor tells him no one told him to stop so he continues to stab for 30 seconds.
    Instructor explains a determined and possibly intoxicated (drugged up) attacker can continue an attack for 30 seconds or so even after a fatal shot. After we had discussed this for several minutes the wife/assistant with the stop watch had been forgotten. Then she called "time," this represented the average police response time. Rather impressive demostration at the time. Jim.
    That is excellent. And yes, what they told you was true. Thank God PCP is not a common drug anymore.

Blessings,
    Bill

mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You
    I mean sure...but that seems irrelevant.
    1641671943903.png

6q00u.jpg

Top Bottom