• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011

Just wanted to say thank you to the match staff who put on today's match.They got rained out yesterday, had to wait for everyone to finish shootingtoday after being out there from 7-3, and some may have to wait to eventomorrow to be able to shoot. That takes alot of dedication and your effortsare very much appreciated. Plus today's match was a blast! Thanks!

lf19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I agree, a BIG thank you to the staff for a great shoot.
    Interesting that there were no strong hand, weak hand stages. Only one swinger that I can remember and no long moving targets.
    One item I did not like was I observed a shooter experience a gun malfunction, and he was allowed to re shoot the stage. The SO stated that it was early in the match and let him re shoot. I don't think the rules allow for a re shoot for an equipment malfunction.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Glad you guys had a good time! I was too late on the draw to get into that match, but was able to shoot the KY/TN Regional instead. Hopefully next year I can get in.

I agree, a BIG thank you to the staff for a great shoot.
    Interesting that there were no strong hand, weak hand stages. Only one swinger that I can remember and no long moving targets.
    One item I did not like was I observed a shooter experience a gun malfunction, and he was allowed to re shoot the stage. The SO stated that it was early in the match and let him re shoot. I don't think the rules allow for a re shoot for an equipment malfunction.

Correct. By the rules, he should have either 1) been scored up to the point of the malfunction then all the points and FTNs added to the score or 2) had all the points on the stage multiplied by 3 seconds for his score. Pretty nice of the SO to let him reshoot.

Top Bottom