• ...and so much more!
  • Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    From the article:

“I think schools need to take a stand against the use of alcohol and playing a song like that and celebrating to it after every touchdown, and our school scores a lot of touchdowns, you know it just doesn’t make sense,” [the principle] said, adding that he was unaware until recently that the song referenced alcohol.

Indiana High School Bans Classic Country Song at Football Games Because It?s??Politically Incorrect?? | Video | TheBlaze.com

I have heard this song countless times since the 60's and didn't catch the moonshine reference. Wonder how many high school students caught it. Of course, all of them will now that it has been pointed out.

Thoughts?

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Not only did I not realize it referenced moonshine, I didn't even know they played the song during ball games.

must be a southern Indiana thing.

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    Heck, I remember when a few schools forbade their bands to play "Tequila" -- which is very catchy when bands play it, but then there's that "TEQUILA!" line. Sigh.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Please forgive me, but I don't find myself getting too worked up about this. I honestly think the out of control PC crap I have been bombarded with over the past few months has caused me to go numb over almost everything.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Please forgive me, but I don't find myself getting too worked up about this. I honestly think the out of control PC crap I have been bombarded with over the past few months has caused me to go numb over almost everything.

I would not say I am "overly" worked up, but we cannot afford to "go numb" and let the schools and government chip away at our society and our liberty. Going numb is what they want. It means they win.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    "The world is a dangerous place. Not because people are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." --A. Einstein.

"The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy." Charles De Montesquieu

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    This is a shame to stop a tradition over something the kids had no clue about till they said something.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    "The world is a dangerous place. Not because people are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." --A. Einstein.

"The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy." Charles De Montesquieu

Rep worthy.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Not only did I not realize it referenced moonshine, I didn't even know they played the song during ball games.

must be a southern Indiana thing.

You have to read the article to understand. From the article:

Plymouth High School has for the past 20 years featured the song prominently in its football games. It has been the signature of the Plymouth Rockies, played after all scoring plays at the stadium they call “The Rockpile.”

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I would not say I am "overly" worked up, but we cannot afford to "go numb" and let the schools and government chip away at our society and our liberty. Going numb is what they want. It means they win.

I would certainly agree with you on that. Our government is doing their best to condition us to accept more and more control every day.

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Not only did I not realize it referenced moonshine, I didn't even know they played the song during ball games.must be a southern Indiana thing.
    Surprisingly its not just southern Indiana. My high school used to play Plymouth in football. Plymouth's mascot was the pilgrim in everything except football. They were the Rockies for football, and they played Rocky Top anytime something went their way. I like the song, but it got annoying hearing it every 2 or 3 minutes.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    OH MY GOSH!!!

I went to Lincoln High School in Vincennes!
    Our teams were called the Alices!
    They still are!
    All those years of promoting gender ambiguity and cross-dressing!

I guess I'm lucky I didn't play football; I'd probably be homosexual if I had.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    And it celebrates the murder of a federal agent.

I cannot believe this song is sung in celebration at universities!

We're all anarcho-libertarians down there. We just want to be left alone to brew our alcohol and don't recognize the legitimacy of ATF agents trespassing on our property.

:D

Top Bottom