• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Seller is free to set the conditions of the sale - price, meeting location, LTCH.... Hell, seller could demand you wear a yellow shirt to the exchange and sing folk songs. Don't like the conditions of sale?? Don't buy!!!

:+1:

My conditions are simple:

1) We meet at a "gentlmen's club".
    2) The buyer must have a valid library card.
    3) The buyer must bring a tube of Pringles chips (must be cheese and onion flavor or the deal is off).
    4) The buyer must be at the club 2.5 hours before the rendez-vous time (Expect me to be 2 to 3 hours late).
    5) Both parties will wear flip-flops with matching socks.
    6) Both parties will speak with a thick Russian accent at all times during the transaction.
    7) I reserve the right to call you "Boris" during the entire transaction.
    8) No pets allowed.

:ingo:

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    ^^^^This.

If we could call in to NICS to check background, many would do that. It insures you are not selling to someone not allowed to possess a gun, keeping one out of possible legal trouble.

So would seeing a valid IN DL and hearing a positive reply in response to the question: "Are you a proper person?"

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Just curious, but why would this ever be a problem? Maybe I'm not fully understanding the issue (?). -Hex

It could be a problem if the person doesn't have an LTCH, but is still a proper person. That's how I am right now, I don't have my LTCH, but I'm a perfectly proper person. I know an answer could be "just get your LTCH" but some people may not have the money for one or might not need an LTCH because they don't own a pistol.

And yes, I do understand that if you don't like the TOS then just don't buy it. But I understand that it could be disappointing for some people.

3) The buyer must bring a tube of Pringles chips (must be cheese and onion flavor or the deal is off).
    4) The buyer must be at the club 2.5 hours before the rendez-vous time (Expect me to be 2 to 3 hours late).
    6) Both parties will speak with a thick Russian accent at all times during the transaction.
    8) No pets allowed.

Regarding number 5, do the socks have to just match theto other one that the individual is wearing, or do they have match the other individual's (the seller's) socks?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Regarding number 5, do the socks have to just match theto other one that the individual is wearing, or do they have match the other individual's (the seller's) socks?

That's a good question and I'm glad you ask.
    Both the buyer and the seller need to have the same kind of socks.It's how we can identify eachother.

Note that with flip-flop shoes you will need special socks ("glove socks" work too).
    That's the one I was wearing during my last deal (I like stripes).

socks1-232x300.jpg

If you show up with non-matching socks the deal is off.
    If you show up bare foot the deal is off.
    If you have a hole in your matching socks the deal is off.

You can contact me via PM to know what kind of socks I have and what kind you will need to buy if you want to buy stuff from me.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    That's a good question and I'm glad you ask.
    Both the buyer and the seller need to have the same kind of socks.It's how we can identify eachother.

Note that with flip-flop shoes you will need special socks ("glove socks" work too).
    That's the one I was wearing during my last deal (I like stripes).

socks1-232x300.jpg

If you show up with non-matching socks the deal is off.
    If you show up bare foot the deal is off.
    If you have a hole in your matching socks the deal is off.

You can contact me via PM to know what kind of socks I have and what kind you will need to buy if you want to buy stuff from me.

Thanks for the clarification.

What if the hole in the socks isn't easily visible? Is that still a deal breaker?

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    :+1:

8) No pets allowed.

You will all wear the same thing or none at all...

[video=youtube;O02WseVFBw8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O02WseVFBw8[/video]

mxd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Middletown
    I was asked to show mine for a shotgun purchase at a LGS. They said they were close to a school and would have to zip tie the trigger if no LTCH.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Yes. Agree 100% So long as you didn't knowingly sell it............nothing will happen to you. They have t prove you knew the buyer was a prohibited person. This is why I see no value in know, showing or going above and beyond that legal requirement.

Interesting discussion none the less.....
    Another psychic. INGO has a lot of these.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I like to see the permit just for piece of mind - I know with a permit, you are legally "allowed" to own

To be precise, the LTCH is a snapshot in time - it only shows that at the time the decision was made to grant the license, the person receiving the permit met all the requirements to have a permission slip. At that moment. The next moment the person could have committed triple homicide for all anyone knows.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I like to see the permit just for piece of mind - I know with a permit, you are legally "allowed" to own

..and you are legally "allowed" to own without an LTCH. Just to be clear. LTCH != legal to own. The vast majority of people who can legally own a firearm outnumber those who have a license to carry a firearm.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Ever sold a weapon to a felon? Even if you don't have an obligation to check, if the guy didn't have a LTCH and was a felon and you didn't bother to check, the blue boys are going to crawl up into your nether regions for a thorough inspection just to make sure while you sit back and enjoy the experience. And I would expect them to do so for the sake of being thorough and doing their job properly. Checking for the LTCH is a way of taking responsibility and being a good chap. As others have said, if it offends you, then by all means play in another sandbox. Personally, I think the cops and the Feds have given themselves plenty of reasons to look into a persons backside . er . background and I don't care to give them anymore. I will always request the LTCH in a personal sale.

Just my .02. :twocents:

I personally would not purchase from someone that requires I show my LTCH. Yeah I have one as well as an Federal Firearms Collectors license. I just don't like to see supposed supporters of the 2nd amendment adding requirements to already over regulated firearm possession laws.

I would certainly like to see some PROOF that ANYONE has been hassled or brought into court that simply sold a firearm to any citizen over 18 that was a resident of the same state - If they DIDN"T KNOW the sale was illegal! I have never seen or heard of any such issues. Granted a police officer may ask you if you did sell a firearm to XXX to aid in evidence in a case, but that certainly wouldn't get you into trouble of any kind unless the ATF or police could PROVE you knew they were not legal to possess one. Sure there are cases of straw purchases where the person selling the firearm bought it for a known felon and cases of felons being prosecuted for sales to another felon - but those don't apply to any of us (I sure hope).

I know of many people that possess firearms that do not wish to carry or obtain their LTCH. Some are regular skeet / clay shooters, some family members even some hunters. Should they be denied a FTF transaction because they didn't obtain a LTCH? By the way a LTCH could be "forged" in a matter of minutes on just about any computer with a printer and pink paper!

Top Bottom