• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I dunno. Maybe to insure themself that you've at least been 'vetted' in some form or fashion? :dunno:

Just me, but I don't sell firearms to anyone I've not personally known for years, and not even to some of them! :lmfao:

ArevaloSocom

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2014
    Hobart
    Because you aren't require to do so.....so why bother? I have bought and sold plenty of guns FTF and I have only seen it on the forum so I was wondering if it was a rule here but then noticed not all people do it, so just trying to understand the mindset.

ETA: I had multiple felonies pending on me and had my permit for about a year during the course of it.........could have bought anything I wanted FTF from people that "check" and it wouldn't have prevented any transaction, except from a FFL. I remmber LOL'ing when all charged were dropped and a few months after that Indiana State Police sent a letter asking for the permit back.....

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Because you aren't require to do so.....so why bother? I have bought and sold plenty of guns FTF and I have only seen it on the forum so I was wondering if it was a rule here but then noticed not all people do it, so just trying to understand the mindset.

I would suggest that if you aren't comfortable with the requirements of the seller (be it price, bill-of-sale, LTCH, etc.) simply make your purchase elsewhere.

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    I see. I just recently got my LTCH, but can't recall anyone asking if I had one at the time of purchase before; they just ran my info. I guess if they asked to see it, I wouldn't mind if it made for a smoother transaction. Do you think the LGS folks attitude changes regarding license holders vs non-license holders?

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    :facepalm:
    syn·o·nym
    noun \ˈsi-nə-ˌnim\
    : a word that has the same meaning as another word in the same language
    :+1: :rofl:

I see. I just recently got my LTCH, but can't recall anyone asking if I had one at the time of purchase before; they just ran my info. I guess if they asked to see it, I wouldn't mind if it made for a smoother transaction. Do you think the LGS folks attitude changes regarding license holders vs non-license holders?
    They're referring to F-T-F (Face-To-Face) transactions. Private sales.

Last edited:

ArevaloSocom

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2014
    Hobart

As far as I can tell it makes no difference.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

He's talking about private sales, not FFL transactions.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why do some people take it upon themsleves to insist on seeing yours for a FTF transaction regardless if it is a handgun or long gun?

Because they are trying to be good citizens and not arm prohibited persons and stay out of BoP and IDoC at the same time.:D

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    He's talking about private sales, not FFL transactions.

Oh, well, obviously there was something I wasn't getting. My mistake. If I were selling a firearm, seeing a LTCH would certainly put my mind at ease as the seller.
    (and thanks for clarifying for me, Chezuki.)

Top Bottom