Indiana Gun Permit - Do you have to holster?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I would go to court. There no holster requirement. Put him on the stand and make him out to be an idiot. Request the video through discovery and play whole thing at trial. If trooper is smart he will not show up.

Last edited:

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    Here, let me try to clarify the story by re-wording it:

A friend of mine was recently pulled over for speeding by a State Tropper in Delaware County. During the stop, my friend told the Officer that he had a firearm in the car. The Trooper then asked to see the firearm, so my friend complied with the request, and removed it from his pocket and handed it to the Trooper. Said officer then proceeded to write him a ticket not only for speeding, but also for not having a gun in a proper holster. The Trooper then handed my friend is gun back, telling him that he has to pay a fine or go to court. Now, I am not familiar with any law or Indiana Code that refers to this as a violation worthy of a fine or court, so any knowlegeable input, or coherent re-write by an awesome INGO member, would be greatly appreciated.
    Now THAT is how it's done!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Oh, is this like an INGO version of Clue?

My guess: rhino in the library with the frozen parrot.

Wow, and I don't really want to know what rhino was doing with the parrot.

Not fair. It's always Rhino with some dead animal.
    Are they dead before rhino starts though?

A friend of mine was recently pulled over for speeding by a State Tropper in Delaware County. During the stop, my friend told the Officer that he had a firearm in the car. The Trooper then asked to see the firearm, so my friend complied with the request, and removed it from his pocket and handed it to the Trooper. Said officer then proceeded to write him a ticket not only for speeding, but also for not having a gun in a proper holster. The Trooper then handed my friend is gun back, telling him that he has to pay a fine or go to court. Now, I am not familiar with any law or Indiana Code that refers to this as a violation worthy of a fine or court, so any knowlegeable input, or coherent re-write by an awesome INGO member, would be greatly appreciated.

Ah, I see you speak jive ;)

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    bulldog_with_headache_cleaned_up.jpg

This thread makes my head hurt.

half-glocked

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Oh, INGO, I was counting on you to entertain me through my work night. For whatever reason, INGO won't come up on my computer at work, but I subscribed so I would get the email. Now I'm sad.

OP, still no pictures?

I'm thinking somebody beat me to this, but:
    :postpics:

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Evidently the GED is NOT WORKING for the OP. Maybe said OP should go ahead and give atleast 7-12th grade another try and possibly showup this time OR DO NOT POST on ingo while under the influence of crack.

WAY TO BUTCHER THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE! :n00b:

No pics? DIDNT HAPPEN. :twocents:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Evidently the GED is NOT WORKING for the OP. Maybe said OP should go ahead and give atleast 7-12th grade another try and possibly showup this time OR DO NOT POST on ingo while under the influence of crack.

WAY TO BUTCHER THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE! :n00b:

No pics? DIDNT HAPPEN. :twocents:

Please fix these before you return to class, Francis. :cool:

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I'm sure it was in the pocket holster that he didn't see, it's designed to hide the print in your pocket, not that it is required by law. I have one of these and you don't see the holster when you remove it. Aside from that, I don't know any officer who would on a routine stop ask you to handle your gun. They usually don't want you to have it in your hand. Something sounds awfully weird about this whole situation, but if ya go to court, take your pocket holster only, or a picture of one to explain how they work. Otherwise they may get you for possession of an empty holster in a court room, another law I have no idea if it exists or not.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN

:rockwoot:

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I'm sure it was in the pocket holster that he didn't see, it's designed to hide the print in your pocket, not that it is required by law. I have one of these and you don't see the holster when you remove it. Aside from that, I don't know any officer who would on a routine stop ask you to handle your gun. They usually don't want you to have it in your hand. Something sounds awfully weird about this whole situation, but if ya go to court, take your pocket holster only, or a picture of one to explain how they work. Otherwise they may get you for possession of an empty holster in a court room, another law I have no idea if it exists or not.

The ol' possession of an empty holster law. This should have been repealed weeks ago.

Top Bottom