Indiana Gun Permit - Do you have to holster?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    81731d1337341427-what-really-sank-kursk-nuclear-im-not-saying-aliens.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    A friend was pulled over for speeding and told by a State Police Officer in Delaware that he had a pistol in the car. The officer asked to see it and my friend pulled in out of his pocket. The officer then wrote him a ticket for not having the gun in a holster. The officer gave him his gun back but he has to pay a fine or go to court. I am not familiar with this so any input would be appreciated. :dunno:

1. Delaware Co, Indiana (check)
    2. You're saying the ticket was NOT for speeding, but for any firearm related offense, right?
    3. You said the officer told the driver he has a gun. How was it that the officer was able to declare this fact? Psychic perhaps?
    EDIT: Wait, maybe the officer was stating that he, himself, had his own gun, but it was in Delaware. So where was the traffic stop? And how did your friend get a hold of the officer's gun?

A few commas would help us understand what you're trying say.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Here, let me try to clarify the story by re-wording it:

A friend of mine was recently pulled over for speeding by a State Tropper in Delaware County. During the stop, my friend told the Officer that he had a firearm in the car. The Trooper then asked to see the firearm, so my friend complied with the request, and removed it from his pocket and handed it to the Trooper. Said officer then proceeded to write him a ticket not only for speeding, but also for not having a gun in a proper holster. The Trooper then handed my friend is gun back, telling him that he has to pay a fine or go to court. Now, I am not familiar with any law or Indiana Code that refers to this as a violation worthy of a fine or court, so any knowlegeable input, or coherent re-write by an awesome INGO member, would be greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom