• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    What is an "Indiana Fever"? Is that some kind of slang for Lyme disease?

It was a disco film made in the late 1970's in Indiana....Hoagy Carmichael and Roy Clark provided the soundtrack...Word was if the Jackson Five would have gotten involved it could have been a hit but the producers could not decide whether Gary was in Indiana or Chicago.....

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    sponsors-1.jpg

Sponsors - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA

Damn I can't join the boycott. . . .I started early to avoid the rush and don't partake of any of these companies!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The bottom line is that anybody who looks to pro athletes as a moral or social compass is probably not the kind of person you need in your life. I want to see Colin Kapernick throw a touchdown pass, not display his opinions. Do your job and entertain me.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The bottom line is that anybody who looks to pro athletes as a moral or social compass is probably not the kind of person you need in your life. I want to see Colin Kapernick throw a touchdown pass, not display his opinions. Do your job and entertain me.

Fair point. We indeed are a society of "Cult of Personalities."

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Disparities in the application of law. Or at least the perception of.

In layman terms, why are they pissed? Do they think people of color are shot for no reason by cops(apparently white cops) just because they are colored? Native Americans get shot by cops at a higher rate than anyone in the US.....so I don't get it.

I am being serious, not a trick question or trying to bait you into a small tank. My wife asked me this morning why them players did that....and it got me to thinking, I really don't know why it is.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In layman terms, why are they pissed? Do they think people of color are shot for no reason by cops(apparently white cops) just because they are colored? Native Americans get shot by cops at a higher rate than anyone in the US.....so I don't get it.

I am being serious, not a trick question or trying to bait you into a small tank. My wife asked me this morning why them players did that....and it got me to thinking, I really don't know why it is.

If you thought that the justice system was inherently biased and that members of your group were disproportionately subjected to force, would you be upset. Keep in mind, I earlier said "perception of." I don't think anyone can deny that is the perception we are fed. Is it true? That's hard to say. It's easy to look at numbers and say one thing, and then look at them again, and say the opposite. You can say you've not seen it, but you aren't in the group in question. I have seen it, and I'm part of the group. So where does that leave us? You can either deny it because you haven't seen it, but how do you prove a negative? Because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    If you thought that the justice system was inherently biased and that members of your group were disproportionately subjected to force, would you be upset. Keep in mind, I earlier said "perception of." I don't think anyone can deny that is the perception we are fed. Is it true? That's hard to say. It's easy to look at numbers and say one thing, and then look at them again, and say the opposite. You can say you've not seen it, but you aren't in the group in question. I have seen it, and I'm part of the group. So where does that leave us? You can either deny it because you haven't seen it, but how do you prove a negative? Because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Just because I am white don't mean I have not seen it. You can make a case for every "group". One thing about it...our borders work both directions. If USA sucks so much.....we are all free to go find better.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Just because I am white don't mean I have not seen it. You can make a case for every "group". One thing about it...our borders work both directions. If USA sucks so much.....we are all free to go find better.

If you can't afford to leave the concrete jungle you were born in, it could be hard to leave the country though

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Why don't these athletes protest the fact that people, even poor minority people, are taxed so that their employers don't have to pay to build their own arenas and stadiums? If it won't be for the $imon and $rsay taxes that people pay, then the Simons would have spent their own money on a stadium. That means less money to pay both the Pacers and the Fever players. Of course, I don't see any of them protesting such taxation. Funny how these people only want to call attention to only those issues that won't directly affect their paycheck. Just more tax-payer subsidized hypocrites.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You can leave the ghetto, the ghetto never leaves you.

In the real world every one of us is the sum total of every person we have ever been.

The good/bad and in between. The giver/the taker and all points between those 2. We all have a very broad spectrum of experiences to draw from.

If not then get out and actually see what the world is about.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Why don't these athletes protest the fact that people, even poor minority people, are taxed so that their employers don't have to pay to build their own arenas and stadiums? If it won't be for the $imon and $rsay taxes that people pay, then the Simons would have spent their own money on a stadium. That means less money to pay both the Pacers and the Fever players. Of course, I don't see any of them protesting such taxation. Funny how these people only want to call attention to only those issues that won't directly affect their paycheck. Just more tax-payer subsidized hypocrites.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't take my money then return bull****. Do that on your own time and dime.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    For the record, check this out...

WNBA Salaries 2016, Average WNBA Salary, Player Salaries, WNBA Team Salary Cap

How many of us make more than the average WNBA player? The DB from SF is making bank, but these women are making less as an organization each season than Kaepernick does.

What I'm seeing here, is a whole bunch of panties in a bunch over a group of women expressing themselves. We need to recognize that one of the foundations of this country is being able to do just what they're doing. We don't have to like it, but we do have to allow it. The Fever, Westboro Baptist Church, anyone in a "Hillary for Prison" shirt, all covered. If we lose sight of that, get angry, and start protesting their protest, are we any better than Moms in Need of Action, who go completely bat**** crazy at the mention of someone owning a gun?

Here we are on a forum where all of us have at least 1 thing in common, the 2nd Amendment. We can rail on for hours about the need to respect that Amendment, but shouldn't we be doing the same for ALL Amendments? How many people on here have said something to the effect of "I don't agree with your opinion, but I'll defend to the death your ability to express it"? And now we lose our **** because a bunch of women making middle class money express their opinions?

WTH, people? I really expected more.

(off topic and off the soap box, but when Firefox tries to do grammar and spelling check on Kaepernick, the only option it gives is Pumpernickel, so that's what I'm gonna call him from now on)

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    My take is that the difference is that flag represents our country and what we are. I've always been of the "love it or leave it" mentality. Nobody free person is being held in this country against their will.

Side note: several Hollywood types say they will leave if Trump wins. Have to see how that goes.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Maybe if it comes from Elvis rather than Kut it will carry more weight???:)

[video=youtube;2Ox1Tore9nw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ox1Tore9nw[/video]

Top Bottom