• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    Let's assume for discussions sake that this is not a terrorist with a dirty bomb scenario, rather that this is a massive exchange between nations.

Big boy nukes and serious targets.

I wouldnt think that Indianapolis is high on a list of cities important enough to get rid of...but what about the bases?

Lets say Crane does get it...how does that affect the rest of the state?
    The Finance Center in Indy is a prime target. They do have some secret stuff going on in the basement. My mom works there and no one is allowed in the basement unless they have a security clearence.

I do believe that terrorist are looking for soft targets. They could hit a hotel or a shopping mall like the attack in Mumbai.

Last edited:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    The Finance Center in Indy is a prime target. They do have some secret stuff going on in the basement. My mom works there and no one is allowed in the basement unless they have a security clearence.

I do believe that terrorist are looking for soft targets. They could hit a hotel or a shopping mall like the attack in Mumbai.
    Every military installation in the country has some sort of secret stuff going on. You can't even get an engineering job at Crane without a clearance. I'm not trying to offend you, just saying that just because it requires a clearance doesn't mean its anything special going on.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Every military installation in the country has some sort of secret stuff going on. You can't even get an engineering job at Crane without a clearance. I'm not trying to offend you, just saying that just because it requires a clearance doesn't mean its anything special going on.

I use to work in the chemical field and after the Patriot Act you had to have Clearance to work there, so does UPS, LGE, Indiana Natural Gas,so on and so on. Anybody's job thats on the river has too as well. We had to have a federal background check and a RFID card on our person at all times. People had a fit ,but what ya gonna do.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    The number one priority of Russian and Chinese ICBMs would be the Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence, (C3I) network of our Strategic Forces. The Pentagon, STRATCOM bases, ICBM Silos, Sub Bases and large Air and Naval Bases would be the primary targets. Reference www.fas.org/blog/ssp/2008/07/risop.php . It is projected that the majority of enemy warheads would be expended in either a first strike decapitation of our nuclear forces or a counter-strike against our nuclear forces.

That said, the list of first-strike targets in Indiana would be very small.
    Counter-value targets such as Crane and DFAS in Indy would be way down on the list of priority targets. One or two EMP explosions over the US would shut down the entire American financial network to include DFAS. EMP would also shut down all the electrical, transportation and manufacturing in the entire Midwest. Because of it's location, Crane would be isolated by lack of communications and transportation. Indy as a whole may still be a one big target since it is the "Crossroads of America". However, DC, Chicago, LA, NY, Atlanta, Dallas and twenty other cities would first be vaporized in an all out nuclear holocaust.
    Fallout from the ICBM fields would be my biggest concern. A deep basement with several feet of packed dirt/concrete overhead and 4-6 months of supplies and a water source would be the best shelter. Read Nuclear War Survival Skills by Cresson H. Kearny.
    The one weak link in our society is the concept of "Just in Time" delivery. We might survive the first strike and initial fallout, but would we survive after three-four months of no food delivery?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    This may sound bad but I have quit preparing for a chance of an all out nuclear war. I still have some preps and plans for a single terrorist type attack but an all out war with Russia would lower the quality of life so much that I honestly quit thinking about preparing for it. Yes I know that is treasonist but I have focused money toward other emergency situations.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    This may sound bad but I have quit preparing for a chance of an all out nuclear war. I still have some preps and plans for a single terrorist type attack but an all out war with Russia would lower the quality of life so much that I honestly quit thinking about preparing for it. Yes I know that is treasonist but I have focused money toward other emergency situations.

Nah...

That just makes you a realist... ;)

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Question was asked earlier: what steps can you take to minimize exposure. heres afew things: anything over your skin. wear extra layers of cloths, wash your exposed areas or items with LUKE WARM water and dish soap. even a wet cloth over your mouth and nose will help. get as far away from the contaminated area as possible in a safe quick way. even duct tape and plastic over your windows and doors will offer a level of protection that mght safe your life until rescue personel can get to you. dont eat or drink anythhing that isnt still sealed in its original packaging. these are just afew basics. oh and dont forget to turn off your water, furnace, power, and air conditioning, all seperate. remember if you just turn off your power that if it accidently comes back on then all that dust will blow right in your house.

the biggest threat we face is a dirty bomb. frankly im suprised we havent seen an attack in the U.S. already. because all the components can be gotten in fairly unrestricted places. that i wont mention in case a terrorist is reading this. but its pretty obvious anyways

Last edited:

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    the biggest threat we face is a dirty bomb. frankly im suprised we havent seen an attack in the U.S. already. because all the components can be gotten in fairly unrestricted places. that i wont mention in case a terrorist is reading this. but its pretty obvious anyways

I to am surprised and keep waiting for it but I guess we have to give credit to the feds for cracking down on a couple planned attacks that we know of and possibly stopping others we don't. Also, we have to be thankful for some foolish people attempting the plots against America.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I dont give any credit to the feds. look at most incidences involving the govt catching suspected terrorist, they are almost always given a tip by citizens and that why they are caught. In my opinion the govt, is doing FAR too little and its been for FAR too long, so now we are just in a waiting game to see where and when it happens. Its pretty sickening. Thats why we must all be prepared, so we can protect our families from terrorism, never rely on the govt or your A** will get screwed.

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Does anyone know for sure? I have always heard that Grissom has or had ICBM's. Any truth to that? Are there any known missile silos in Indiana? uh oh, I bet I am going to get a visit from the FBI. How many words in this post triggered the word finder program. LOL

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Grissom had B-58 bombers back in the 60's. They carried nukes. Last one left in 1970.
    The northern Indiana counties had Nike Anti-Aircraft missile sites.
    See ed-thelen.org/loc-i.html

I agree with some of the other posters that a terrorist dirty bomb is the most likely threat right now. Chicago would be a very symbolic target. It is in the heart of the heartland and is the home of our President. Depending on the size of the bomb, it could cast a plume with the prevailing winds for many miles.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Let's assume for discussions sake that this is not a terrorist with a dirty bomb scenario, rather that this is a massive exchange between nations.

Big boy nukes and serious targets.

I wouldnt think that Indianapolis is high on a list of cities important enough to get rid of...but what about the bases?

Lets say Crane does get it...how does that affect the rest of the state?

In this scenario occurs, Indy would likely be high on the list. We are a top-30 population center and have quite a bit of industry that could be re-tooled to support military efforts (or already do). Think Allison, Rolls Royce, etc.

If you are in the city that day, you are one of the lucky ones because you will (likely) be vaporized.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    if a dirty bomb goes off the most important thing to remember is to cover your airways with a damp cloth or even dry if thats all you got. but if you have no water, whip it out and **** on your shirt and then put it over your mouth. your skin is tough and as long as you have no open cuts your skin will protect you for a short time till you get cover. The biggest threat is breathing in the radioactive dust particles. make sure you dont contaminate others and time your exposure!! thats critical too. when you get clear of the blast area and upwind, strip naked and try to wash with warm water and soap. anything is better than nothing, just wash the dust off, even if you look clean, WASH. I hope this never happens to any of us but we all MUST be ready just incase. Having just alittle knowledge can save yourself and possibly many lives around you! oh one other thing, not that you may have time to react, but if possible try to open your mouth if a blast wave is coming towards you. it will help equalize the preasure in your body and keep your lungs from turning into a bloody pulp and you aspirating on your own fluid buildup, might save your ears too, but if not thats ok, stay calm and focus and get to a clear area up wind fast

Indiana_Dave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    In this scenario occurs, Indy would likely be high on the list. We are a top-30 population center and have quite a bit of industry that could be re-tooled to support military efforts (or already do). Think Allison, Rolls Royce, etc.

If you are in the city that day, you are one of the lucky ones because you will (likely) be vaporized.

I think you said it all with population. Russia has 4,650 active warheads. The Indy metro area has 2 million people or about one out every 200 Americans. Even considering Russia's targets outside the U.S., it's simple mathematics that Indianapolis is on the list of 4,650.

Top Bottom