Indiana Constitutional Carry-Summer Study thread (2017)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Awesome play by play, Thor. I cut out about 1345, if I'd have known Guy was going to get called I'd have stayed.

Here's some of KellyinAvon's observations:
    - That was painful, but I'll be back on 7 Sept and 12 Oct.
    - The LTCH program is a self-licking ice cream cone.
    - The ISP Major who dodged every question reminded me of trying to get a straight answer out of an Intel Troop. Not in a good way either.
    - I'm waiting to see where Guy and Chris from the NRA sit. I was surrounded by Everytown and some other loon (the one with the Aaron Bailey sign)
    - Serious misunderstanding by many on prohibited possessor.
    - Senator Taylor: WTF, Over??!! The 3rd Amendment and you're an anti? I use that for pro-2A arguments!
    - All LEO groups either anti and/or butters. All good with the process that is not applicable to them. IN FOP Pres is a POS.
    - Hamilton County Sheriff/ISA President is a real pogue. In a suit, not uniform. I'd have never figured he was a LEO.

WE GOT THIS! All we have to do is make our case in a professional, reasoned manner. The antis are so far off the deep end, we just have to let them go off the deep end. They can't compete with logic, all they got is crazy.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    What ever happen to the crazy lady full of drama who was the one holding up the sign she wrote on a piece of paper plus giving the finger at someone trying to take her picture? I left to use the restroom around noon and when I came back the crazy nut job was gone. I was wondering if she was tossed out...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A Fishers mom on Fox59 seriously, ISYN, said that she's "only" worried about her kids, and her community.

I may feel compelled to say something after all. Indiana started out constitutional carry, without a licensing scheme. If only we could figure out why the licensing thing became popular....

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    What ever happen to the crazy lady full of drama who was the one holding up the sign she wrote on a piece of paper plus giving the finger at someone trying to take her picture? I left to use the restroom around noon and when I came back the crazy nut job was gone. I was wondering if she was tossed out...
    That batcrap crazy loon was across the aisle from me. I'm surprised she didn't get tossed. She split on her own around Noon with most of the Everytown bunch. She was holding up an Aaron Bailey sign. Not sure how that was relevant to this committee hearing but she probably didn't know where she was.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    She was a bit off her rocker but someone was watching her pretty close for a while lol... I was the very tall blonde lady on the left side with the cane and some how ended up sitting by a hand full of the MDA ladies. Most of the time the MDA were on their cell phones texting or looking on the social media stuff. For some reason I get the feeling most if not all of them have never shot a firearm or even seen one before... They were super nice to me but they probably thought I was there for them lol. Wish they would of gave me a MDA button so I could of took it to the shooting range and practice shooting with my reloads at 100 yards to shot some sub MOA groups through it :)

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    She was a bit off her rocker but someone was watching her pretty close for a while lol... I was the very tall blonde lady on the left side with the cane and some how ended up sitting by a hand full of the MDA ladies. Most of the time the MDA were on their cell phones texting or looking on the social media stuff. For some reason I get the feeling most if not all of them have never shot a firearm or even seen one before... They were super nice to me but they probably thought I was there for them lol. Wish they would of gave me a MDA button so I could of took it to the shooting range and practice shooting with my reloads at 100 yards to shot some sub MOA groups through it :)
    I'm the 50-ish white male in the Glock polo who walked by you at 1345. You came in around 1200 I'd guess. I'm guessing the Trooper across the aisle from you was eyeing the crazy lady. At one point I made eye contact with a LEO in the back and tried my best to convey a "WTF is up with this one??" look. Next time we find the pro-2A crowd to sit with. Excellent use of an improvised target by the way.
    Edit: I read that wrong, no MDA button with bullet holes. Had there have been, I'd have double-dog dared you to wear it at the next hearing.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A Fishers mom on Fox59 seriously, ISYN, said that she's "only" worried about her kids, and her community.

I may feel compelled to say something after all. Indiana started out constitutional carry, without a licensing scheme. If only we could figure out why the licensing thing became popular....

Revenue.....control......more control. The ability for some mouth piece to say the political party of the time generated jobs.
    More control....revenue.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It was stated by Lucas (i think) that in states where CC has been adopted, permits for reciprocity actually went up.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    50:11 The ISP lawyer states that an officer can not disarm for officer safety without RAS or PC.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Revenue.....control......more control. The ability for some mouth piece to say the political party of the time generated jobs.
    More control....revenue.
    Empires and a self-licking ice cream cone CM. The ones who represent XX thousand LEOs have empires to protect. The bureaucracy required to run the LTCH is a self-licking ice cream cone. Every time that ISP Major (18 years as a data geek, dodged every question or filibustered) spoke I thought, "If this wasn't here, would it matter?" The program is here to serve the program. This is a hill people like that will fortify and defend to the death. Not their death, the death of the program.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Glad so many of you could make it to the committee, I was forced to watch it from a corner of one of my screens while I did other work. I kept a screen up to post the play by play in but that's why I missed so many of the names of folks in testimony. Thanks everyone for fleshing it out for me.

Perhaps they will not oppose it so strongly if they realize their precious program gets to live even though the purpose will change.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Isn't there research that suggests the wave of licensing schemes across the country was related to trying to keep African Americans disarmed during the Civil Rights era? Or am I thinking just of Reagan and Cali.

Top Bottom