Indiana Constitutional Carry - HB1022 (2018)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    From a person applying for a lifetime handgun license who
    does not currently possess a valid Indiana handgun license, a fifty
    dollar ($50) application fee, thirty dollars ($30) of which shall be
    refunded if the license is not issued.
    After June 30, 2019, the law enforcement agency shall not collect this fee.

From a person applying for a lifetime handgun license who
    currently possesses a valid Indiana handgun license, a forty dollar
    application fee, thirty dollars ($30) of which shall be refunded if the license is not issued.
    After June 30, 2019, the law enforcement agency shall not collect this fee.

Okay so let me get this right.
    Right now there are three fees I think.
    It is $75 for the STATE fee
    It is $50 for the LOCAL fee
    I can't find what L1 Solutions charges for fingerprinting. When did IMPD quit doing the fingerprinting? The L1 thing was just for expediting the process.

So immediately the STATE fee goes from $75 to $50 ($60 to $30 if you have an active LTCH allready).
    Then NEXT year on June 30, it goes to zero.

So after June 30 2019 I still pay IMPD 50 bucks and whatever L1 charges.

This isn't a touch down, it is more like a first down.
    What worries me is that certain places will jack up the local fees to meet what they are now. They should put a CAP on local fees

The State sets the prices. Local entities can't charge what they want.

Longsh0t

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2016
    Evansville
    Was waiting to get a ltch based off how this went and im less than pleased. I dont know what the hell the big deal is, its not like its going to stop criminals from doing what they do but it will stop people from exercising their right to carry the tools to stop them. I wonder if some of these people have the slighest clue of what the real world is like.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Nothing and I mean nothing happens without it going past BOSMA. He has ****ed us once again folks and I don't care what anyone from the Republican caucus says otherwise because they are stuck and lips locked. Go against your party leader and you're screwed forever.
    BOSMA BOSMA BOSMA
    just like we've said for the Last 4 ****ing years. He's a damn traitor to the oath he took to the Indiana and federal constitutions.
    BOSMA hasn't done **** since he's been speaker except a bunch of worthless crumbs

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I got tired of looking at the crap last night. I'm going to take a run at it again tonight and see what exactly we have here. The other side never gives up, we don't either. The reporting has been very light, Fox 59 ran maybe 30 seconds on it.

I'm not a politician, I'm a random dude on the Internet. The behind the scenes stuff in the inter-workings of elected-government isn't my thing, but I do understand EVERYTHING is about money. The money part is where we'll eventually score a victory. When it's not the best use of scarce resources (it's not now, others in government have to recognize that reality) the LTCH program as we know it will disappear. It's not HOW we want it, but it will achieve the desired result.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Time to free Bosma of his Speakership. Its crystal clear that he doesn't have the best interests of his voters in mind. #FREEBOSMA.

I'll contribute to anyone's campaign that opposes these clowns.
    Gutless. Undoubtedly the shooting in KY had something to do with it. These people are so afraid of losing power they’ll cave to however they perceive the headlines will read about the billls they support.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I've been listening to Guy's podcasts every day while driving to/from work all the way back to November. He sounded positive and spoke of Lucas' bill (I believe IIRC).

So basically, Bosma stiffed them?

Time to go. Next. I'm sick and tire of hearing about Sunday sales and medical pot.

I'm aware of his weekly podcast of his weekly radio show. Is there another podcast that he does more frequently?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm aware of his weekly podcast of his weekly radio show. Is there another podcast that he does more frequently?

Check itunes or the WIBC page. Sometimes he guest hosts on other WIBC shows and you'd find those recordings. Sometimes he makes appearances on Stinchcomb's show on the NRA channel and you'd find those but they're only a few minutes long. Another option would be find him on FB and he puts out notifications when he's appeared somewhere or when he's guest hosting for someone.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    PVrB5iN.png

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Check itunes or the WIBC page. Sometimes he guest hosts on other WIBC shows and you'd find those recordings. Sometimes he makes appearances on Stinchcomb's show on the NRA channel and you'd find those but they're only a few minutes long. Another option would be find him on FB and he puts out notifications when he's appeared somewhere or when he's guest hosting for someone.

Thanks. I'm aware of all that. Just thought the OP was referring to some sort of daily podcast that I hadn't seen (but thought unlikely) so I asked.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage

Guy has mentioned that he is doing a piece for NRATV on Wednesday mornings.

:ingo:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Gutless. Undoubtedly the shooting in KY had something to do with it. These people are so afraid of losing power they’ll cave to however they perceive the headlines will read about the billls they support.

And what law would have stopped that shooting? School security fail. The punk fired until he ran dry then fled. As usual, MORE good guys with guns (not fewer guns) is the answer.

(preaching to choir, I know...)

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I would like to see Bosma's list of accomplishments. What has he actually done? He's kept his own party under his thumb, neutering or killing everything they do. But he seems to lack that same fortitude when facing the opposition, despite the fact Democrats have almost no actual power in the state house these days. But that is just how it looks to me from the outside looking in. What has he actually done that he can hang his hat on?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I "think" that this was planned from the beginning of HB 1424. We were writing asking for a hearing on HB 1022, Constitutional Carry. The powers that be wrote another bill. Adding just enough changes to raise the ire of some and have others state that it wasn't anything to get upset about. All the while having the amendment waiting in the wings to slip in at the last minute.

Earlier the term submarine was used.

Top Bottom