Indiana Constitutional Carry - HB1022 (2018)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I've read back thru most of the new comments... Anyone care to summarize what happened today? It doesn't sound promising?

I think the ConC crowd got steam rolled by Bosma as he didn't want to mess with it. Rewrote the entire bill with it in it with one amendment that negated all the ConC stuff and just did a few 'fixes' to let us buy guns easier in hopes it would appease us.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think the ConC crowd got steam rolled by Bosma as he didn't want to mess with it. Rewrote the entire bill with it in it with one amendment that negated all the ConC stuff and just did a few 'fixes' to let us buy guns easier in hopes it would appease us.

Only if you get a 5 year Brady Exempt LTCH. If you have a lifetime LTCH already, I'm not sure there's a remedy to revert back to the 5 year license.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to do that unless you buy lots of guns every year...or something like that.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Political musical chairs.
    How do they think this will appease anyone?

It appeases Mom's Demand. The infringement of the licensing scheme remains, we'll just pay less for it.

It appeases LEOs. Jim mentioned the other day that they were exerting pressure and making supposed supporters all wobbly-kneed and they didn't want to be seen as opposing law enforcement. Thank your sheriffs and chiefs of police... and your rep for caring more about their votes than yours.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    It appeases LEOs. Jim mentioned the other day that they were exerting pressure and making supposed supporters all wobbly-kneed and they didn't want to be seen as opposing law enforcement. Thank your sheriffs and chiefs of police... and your rep for caring more about their votes than yours.

With the reduction of fees, will they lose their funding anyway?

If not, next year Jim can author two bills; one to substitute funding, the other to restore ConCarry.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    With the reduction of fees, will they lose their funding anyway?

If not, next year Jim can author two bills; one to substitute funding, the other to restore ConCarry.

Jim already opened a pathway for funding LAST SESSION.
    and he hasn't given up. based on what he posted (after a "long pause" following that meeting and probably others)
    ... he's as mad as any of us; or more.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Drain the swamp! Our elected officials that are supposedly on our side are absolutely USELESS!!!!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Jim already opened a pathway for funding LAST SESSION.
    and he hasn't given up. based on what he posted (after a "long pause" following that meeting and probably others)
    ... he's as mad as any of us; or more.

I hope he's got something up his sleeve and not just whistling a happy tune. I'll admit I'm disgruntled about this and may not be objectively thinking. I hope he really does have an plan B.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    I've been listening to Guy's podcasts every day while driving to/from work all the way back to November. He sounded positive and spoke of Lucas' bill (I believe IIRC).

So basically, Bosma stiffed them?

Time to go. Next. I'm sick and tire of hearing about Sunday sales and medical pot.

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    Tim Wesco is an idiot. I have no idea how he got voted in with the exception of he’s related to the Hilers from Indiana.
    I don’t know how the Hilers pushed him or the machine into getting him elected but he has no business doing what he’s doing.
    Grew up in a sheltered home with no idea what the real world is about.
    A typical politician.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Wow, long day. Thanks for finding Amendment 5 BB3. They had limited hard copies so I didn't grab one. I know what I heard today but I haven't read it yet.

Even without reading it yet, I know it's not what we want. I also know this wasn't what I was expecting today. This Statehouse stuff is still pretty new to me.

THIS SHOULDN'T BE THIS HAAAARRRDDDDD!!!!! With that said we didn't move backwards today, but we didn't score the touchdown we want. Over the past two years we've moved in the right direction: persons protected by a protection order can now carry without an LTCH for 60 days, we got ConC to Summer Study, we're looking at 5 year NICS exempt licenses and free lifetime LTCH on the horizon. Church Carry (when church = school) is a pending bill and most importantly, the objections were by those allegedly representing LEOs were shown to be all about money.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    From a person applying for a lifetime handgun license who
    does not currently possess a valid Indiana handgun license, a fifty
    dollar ($50) application fee, thirty dollars ($30) of which shall be
    refunded if the license is not issued.
    After June 30, 2019, the law enforcement agency shall not collect this fee.

From a person applying for a lifetime handgun license who
    currently possesses a valid Indiana handgun license, a forty dollar
    application fee, thirty dollars ($30) of which shall be refunded if the license is not issued.
    After June 30, 2019, the law enforcement agency shall not collect this fee.

Okay so let me get this right.
    Right now there are three fees I think.
    It is $75 for the STATE fee
    It is $50 for the LOCAL fee (that is just what IMPD charges)
    I can't find what L1 Solutions charges for fingerprinting. When did IMPD quit doing the fingerprinting? The L1 thing was just for expediting the process.

So immediately the STATE fee goes from $75 to $50 ($60 to $30 if you have an active LTCH allready).
    Then NEXT year on June 30, it goes to zero.

So after June 30 2019 I still pay IMPD 50 bucks and whatever L1 charges.

This isn't a touch down, it is more like a first down.
    What worries me is that certain places will jack up the local fees to meet what they are now. They should put a CAP on local fees

Last edited:

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    1022 and 1424 were appealing to me because I want more good guys carrying guns more often. This doesn't do that. The pink card is an INFRINGEMENT, I don't care if they give the damn things away. I'm, well, pissed.

Top Bottom