Indiana Constitutional Carry - HB1022 (2018)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Joeseph Saylor (sp?) - Dep Prosecutor for Johnson Co ... Speaking against Permit and Application of A Misdemeanor for Carrying without a permit ... otherwise "proper people" ... original 1424 was helpful to LEO's ...

Doing a nice job. ... original ... supporting it ...

PistolPastor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2017
    Munster
    OK Amendment 5 ...
    But it isn't posted on-line

"scraps bill; Changes 4 yr to 5 yr - has fees; Lifetime is free; NICS check waived with 5 yrs Permit" ...

I think we got bait and switched.
    It sounds like LTCH requirement to carry is now retained.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

So if I'm in the midst of applying for my lifetime, and this just passed, will I get my $$ back?

dchuck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    Walkerton
    So if I'm in the midst of applying for my lifetime, and this just passed, will I get my $$ back?

They did make mention toward the end about (possibly) not changing the fee schedule based on the funding it provides for training and such. We'll see how long this takes to actually make the floor.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    They did make mention toward the end about (possibly) not changing the fee schedule based on the funding it provides for training and such. We'll see how long this takes to actually make the floor.

Here's an idea. IF they force keeping the fee on people....give a $ for $ refund on your taxes for training taken up to 500 bucks(or pick your number). I think I took 3 classes for about 225 total over 3 years when I started carrying. Florida class was best I've taken so far...but covered basically the same stuff as the first 3. The 'test' at the end put a level of stress in the first 3 didn't, though.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

We don't have the actual language - well KellyinAvon and Guy do - A timeline was included for "WHEN" the fee changes go into effect.
    It will be posted later today probably (I know one of us following will get this updated when it is available).

ON a MUCH more related note at this time - SB 237 is hearing in Room 130 and they have not gotten to the discussion on this.
    SB 237 is "SIMILAR" to AMENDMENT 5 (now HB 1424) ... now than it was to the original Bill -

Video on Sen Judiciary ... as I post still talking on SB 402 ... SB 237 is next.

https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/meeting/watchlive/db29c1f3-b1c2-4d63-a911-6f9c55d339dc/

ALSO - at least LUCAS did make a big stink about not liking the revised bill ... but as noted - it does move the ball down the field a few inches.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well that wasn't what I was expecting. I do not have a text of amendment five , The gist of it is The gist of it is no fee lifetime LTCH, pay for the 5 year but it Makes you NICS check exempt.

I went off script with establishing standards for required required training and equipping since it's a bottomless pit otherwise. Everybody fessed up to where the LTCH money goes.

We got a fresh set of downs. The LEOs testifying just admitted it's about the money.

I'm not crazy about it, but we keep chipping away. No touchdown today but we still have the ball.

more from aPC not a phone later.

Guy and Fargo were awesome

1988-4551

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    There are states that don’t recognize the lifetkme
    license which is why I always get the four, now five?, year license

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Well that wasn't what I was expecting. I do not have a text of amendment five , The gist of it is The gist of it is no fee lifetime LTCH, pay for the 5 year but it Makes you NICS check exempt.

I went off script with establishing standards for required required training and equipping since it's a bottomless pit otherwise. Everybody fessed up to where the LTCH money goes.

We got a fresh set of downs. The LEOs testifying just admitted it's about the money.

I'm not crazy about it, but we keep chipping away. No touchdown today but we still have the ball.

more from aPC not a phone later.

Guy and Fargo were awesome

From listening - I'll agree (wait Fargo ... that was HIM? :ugh::rolleyes::D) Well Done!

Still feel like :wallbash: with the LEO group / folks statements. ... though we did get Dr. Madiera's Support ... (there isn't enough purple in the world for that level of sarcasm) ...

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    There are states that don’t recognize the lifetkme
    license which is why I always get the four, now five?, year license

All the states that recognize our Indiana License, recognize both the 4 yr and Lifetime. I've never seen a report or indication otherwise.

Some states do not / will not recognize a "non- resident" license.

Some states have said they will not recognize our license since it does not require training or does not have a photo id on it.
    Those are the only reason I've heard for not accepting. ...

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    SB 237 amended (very minor actually) - and passed. Guy and Dr. Kopaki (NRA) testified.

This only deals w/ 5 yr changes to be "Brady" or "NICS" exempt - and now also eliminate the hunting / target version of the license (amend 1). Who gets those anyway?

OK back to work.

I see this and HB 1424 going to Conf Committee almost instantly due to similarities.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    So am i understanding that there will be no constitutional carry/permitless carry in the bill now?

Top Bottom