• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    My guess is Nisly coordinated with NAGR and this was a publicity stunt to fundraise and try to block the bill. When constitutional carry happens many national groups will lose their relevance, and $$$

I know Curt, he was probably talking with the Hoosier Carry guy Michael Thomas who spoke at the last Northern IN Concerned Citizens meeting. He probably thought he was doing the right thing and given the politics of his district they probably thought so too. He's pretty new to the assembly so his willingness to do things not exactly by the Marcus of Queensbury rules and make a fuss hasn't been broken yet, also he spends a lot of time talking with his districts conservative activists (not me, not my district) and stepping forward with their recommendations. He should have coordinated with Lucas though, that's just being polite.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You know, its kinda cute that dude thinks the legislators actually write the bills. Like, I can almost picture Lucus (sic) sitting in front of an old WordPerfect terminal with the mechanical keyboard (man, I kinda miss those clickety-clicks) pecking out the bill, complete with line numbers and revision typefaces.

Nostalgia, nectar of the dreamers.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think what these asshats pulled is ridiculous. I trust Jim Lucas and I will always support him
    Lucas is a big boy, but voting against was a bit of a risky gambit. He doesn't have the PR machine to explain what he was doing, so it was easily misunderstood and twisted.

This Lucus guy, though, I don't think I like him much at all.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Lucas is a big boy, but voting against was a bit of a risky gambit. He doesn't have the PR machine to explain what he was doing, so it was easily misunderstood and twisted.

This Lucus guy, though, I don't think I like him much at all.

did you mean Lucas in he second paragraph?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    You know, its kinda cute that dude thinks the legislators actually write the bills. Like, I can almost picture Lucus (sic) sitting in front of an old WordPerfect terminal with the mechanical keyboard (man, I kinda miss those clickety-clicks) pecking out the bill, complete with line numbers and revision typefaces.

I almost included a line in my rant about the poor bill drafters in the LSA dungeon, churning out page after page of bills and amendments, most of which will never see a vote. I used to have the secret decoder list, so you could tell from the DI number at the bottom of the bill who actually drafted it.

But then I was reminded that we were just feeding the trolls. :):

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I almost included a line in my rant about the poor bill drafters in the LSA dungeon, churning out page after page of bills and amendments, most of which will never see a vote. I used to have the secret decoder list, so you could tell from the DI number at the bottom of the bill who actually drafted it.

But then I was reminded that we were just feeding the trolls. :):

Feeding them BurraHobbits ? (sorry just watched the end of the trilogy) ... LOLz.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    HB 1159 is a sloppy bill…Lucus is lazy. Now are chance is WIPEd out!! Too many people so drunk on wanting constitutional carry that you could not see how sloppy the bill is. You drunk people have caused us sensible people to miss our possibly one good shot to have constitutional carry. If Trump does not do well, the democrats are going to pick up a lot of seats in 2018. We don’t have time to dick around.

Nisly's publicity stunt had zero chance of success. It was out of order (because it substantially resembled other legislation already under consideration), and was duly ruled out of order.

Apparently, some people are "so drunk on wanting constitutional carry" that they fail to recognize that there is a process for getting legislation passed, and favor pointless publicity stunts that could substantially harm the legitimate efforts to get constitutional carry passed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Dude, that ****'s for whippersnappers. You're not a real wordsmith unless you've logged time behind a Wang terminal.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    People ask me why I pound my keyboard...because I learned to type on and went through college with a manual...

I know we're getting kind of off topic here, but did you end up with really light strikes on your "a" and "l" letters (asks the guy who learned typing in HS in 1978)?

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Nisly's publicity stunt had zero chance of success. It was out of order (because it substantially resembled other legislation already under consideration), and was duly ruled out of order.

Apparently, some people are "so drunk on wanting constitutional carry" that they fail to recognize that there is a process for getting legislation passed, and favor pointless publicity stunts that could substantially harm the legitimate efforts to get constitutional carry passed.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Jacke,

Kirk has asked you to "show your work"... in other words, it's easy to just make statements without anything backing them up. If you're going to slander (or libel) anyone, you had better have your ducks in a row, and have something more than falsehoods and accusations, more so if you're going to try and do it to a well-respected and honorable man like Jim Lucas (who is also an INGO member)

I add the parenthetical note above, regarding his membership here, because it is possible you didn't know that fact. Now you do. Please do note that the site rules to which you agreed no more than two months ago do not allow for insulting another INGO member.

Tread carefully. Show facts, not opinions, not interpretations, and let people judge for themselves who is "lazy" and who actually works to further our lawful ability to exercise our rights in this state.

I'll start: Jim Lucas recently posted a picture (at about 5AM) of the State Capitol, which included the comment that he was "going to work" and that he loved his job. In addition, as shown in GFGT's post #823, you can look to see what legislation Jim Lucas has authored and supported.

If you have similar (posted prior to this issue coming up) from Nisly or any other current legislator, showing a stronger pro-2A record, I invite you to post it up.

The ball is in your court.

Blessings,
    Bill

HB 1159 is a sloppy bill…Lucus is lazy. Now are chance is WIPEd out!! Too many people so drunk on wanting constitutional carry that you could not see how sloppy the bill is. You drunk people have caused us sensible people to miss our possibly one good shot to have constitutional carry. If Trump does not do well, the democrats are going to pick up a lot of seats in 2018. We don’t have time to dick around.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom