35ksz6v.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I checked with Elkhart County Sheriff Brad Rogers. He said he was one of six Indiana sheriffs in support of constitutional carry. He seems to usually be on the side of liberty.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Found it. The internet never forgets...

35ksz6v.jpg

Personnaly, I don`t give a damn about what this sheriff "thinks". Law-abiding citizens carrying, with a government permission slip, or otherwise are not a threat to anyone who is not a threat to them. Conversely, criminals will carry guns illegally always. Constitutional carry IS the way to move forward, period.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    So, uh, given that ACLU vs. Beech Grove set the precedent that it's an infringement on 1st Amendment rights to delete posts off of a public Facebook, does that apply here?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Leave a review on their page, https://www.facebook.com/IndianaSheriffs/

They can't remove.

Thanks for the link. I left my review:

"I used to support law-enforcement without exception. LEOs' official response to HB 1159 this legislative session has changed that. Your reasons for opposing the bill read right out of the anti-gun playbook so I'm sure Moms Demand Action is really proud of you guys right now. Way to stick your thumb in the eye of all the good law-abiding citizens of the state of Indiana. Don't call me looking for donations; my wallet is officially closed until you guys remember what your constitutional oaths mean."

The reviews are priceless. The page is getting pounded.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This poor choice by them Will effect some of their reelections. Point; don't take an oath to support the constitution and then wipe your ass with it when it comes time to actualy stand for it. ****ing disappointments

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Thanks for the link. I left my review:

"I used to support law-enforcement without exception. LEOs' official response to HB 1159 this legislative session has changed that. Your reasons for opposing the bill read right out of the anti-gun playbook so I'm sure Moms Demand Action is really proud of you guys right now. Way to stick your thumb in the eye of all the good law-abiding citizens of the state of Indiana. Don't call me looking for donations; my wallet is officially closed until you guys remember what your constitutional oaths mean."

The reviews are priceless. The page is getting pounded.
    Wow, when I posted mine Thursday they had a 4.8 rating. Now they are down to 2.1.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Funny, prior to 9 Feb at 2107 (that's 9:07pm for those of you don't do military time) the posts on the ISA Facebook page were overwhelmingly positive. It's like something happened, something that greatly upset a large number of people.

The Information Age has it's perks. 30 years ago the ISA letter would've been largely unknown to folks WHO VOTE!

I saw a few INGOer's posts, they use their real names on the Facebook so I won't ID them but good posts by all.

Rep Lucas had a very reasoned post that stated he would meet with anyone, anywhere to clear up the misinformation about HB 1159. "Did any of you read my bill??" would sum things up.

Guy's post could be summed up with "This is disappointing, we will remember this come election time."

There were several "follow the money" posts. I saw one that used the same approach I did by taking the two main sentences from the "I support the 2A, but..." paragraph and showing they didn't make a point in any way and using actual examples to refute what they'd written.

With a typewriter and the library down the road? We aren't doing what we're doing. We have the resources to affect change literally at our fingertips. DOG-PILE!!!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Dammit. Why does everyone have to use facebook. I really don't want to start using it actively.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Dammit. Why does everyone have to use facebook. I really don't want to start using it actively.

Because that is where a vast number of people are hence "social" media - be social. or not.

I had an account from March 2009 until End Dec 2012 - almost nothing posted; I was tagged only - to look at stuff from kids about grandkids.
    Since then "Poof" - but it's a way to interact and reach lots of other uninformed - no opinion either way - folks ...

the one's we need to influence. or the Anti's will ...

ETA: we need to get outside our bubble of INGO and gun friends - influence the world.

Kinda the way I feel about Twitter. Still don't get it.

Twitter is still too much like shouting a few words in a room full of people or yelling random stuff at the mall ...

"HEY YOU! - YOU IN THE BLUE JEANS ... " ... what?

but it is useful for short quick things - Fishers Parks uses it to announce field closings for LLBB ...

Top Bottom