• ...and so much more!
  • mikeh53

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    Hi Group
    I am looking for a place to buy Bulk grain in Indiana,

I found a good supplyer in CA that ships for only $4.50 per order but I realise the cost of shipping is included in the price of the products driving the cost up. (Honyvillegrain)

Found a place in ID that sells wheat for less than half the cost of the
    CA outfit but with shipping the price is about the same...
    HiStakes-Spelt.com

So... Do we have an Indiana supplyer? (possible personal pick-up)

looking for things like diffrent kinds of wheat, oat Groats, spilt, etc...

thanks in advance for info.

Mike

DadOfFour

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    There was a "health food store" in Greenwood, it was on 31 across the street from Ray Skillman GMC/Hyundai (can't remember the exact address or name of the place) A few years back I talked to them about bulk ordering grain for me. Don't remember specifics, but their prices struck me as reasonable at the time and the cust service was pretty good.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    There was a "health food store" in Greenwood, it was on 31 across the street from Ray Skillman GMC/Hyundai (can't remember the exact address or name of the place) A few years back I talked to them about bulk ordering grain for me. Don't remember specifics, but their prices struck me as reasonable at the time and the cust service was pretty good.

Not quite across County Line?
    Natures Pharm???
    http://www.natures-pharm.com/retail....asp?storeID=A3892D27C5EF41788F72F4F55764D61B

jackhandy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Evansville
    Try and find an LDS Cannery near...I know there is one in Indy, Chicago and Nashville TN. It would be worth the trip to buy bulk supplies directly from them along with the all the supplies to store the grains and beans.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If you stay out of the corn and soybeans (which may be genetically modified) you may do well at your local co-op. Just be advised that the rolled oats, for example, will have more particulate matter than you will find in a container of Quaker.

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    Wheat n things sell bulk grain down here in the southern portion of the state. Not sure where your at, but I am 20 minuets north of Louisville where there located.

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    If you stay out of the corn and soybeans (which may be genetically modified) you may do well at your local co-op. Just be advised that the rolled oats, for example, will have more particulate matter than you will find in a container of Quaker.
    ^^^^^^^
    This, except I'm not sceered of genetics:tinfoil:
    I know for a fact there are feed mills all over IN, maybe not as much anymore
    but, just just look for a buncha silos close to a highway.
    Heck horse feed is oats, same stuff. Just watch out for rocks and sand.

J man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Defiance, OH area

czyhorse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Seymour
    Walmart in Seymour occasionally has 50lb of Montana Wheat in their baking aisle...its probably your cheapest option for buying in bulk (although I don't think they carry more than 2 or 3 bags per week).

mikeh53

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    We are about an Hr S and a little east of Terre Hote IN... If the prices are good it might be worth a trip SE to the store you mentioned do you have an address for them?

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    We are about an Hr S and a little east of Terre Hote IN... If the prices are good it might be worth a trip SE to the store you mentioned do you have an address for them?

Where are you from, PM me if you don't want to state it.

mikeh53

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    Thanks everyone.
    I think the one in Rockville is nearest to me... I am in TH 1-2 times a week. from the looks of the map... Rockville is not far north of there.

Wheat N Things might be an option as well (need a little more info... (address?)

The LDS cannery in Indy... might be doable... (Though I might feel a little.... out of place doing the LDS thing.) Not that it wold bother me, but I would be welcome.

Mike

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    I'm in Indy, will be placing an order for my wheat in about a week and can add to it if you have a specific type of grain you are looking for. I get the white hard wheat but they will allow for adjustments as long as I meet the minimum weight for the order. Personally I order the 45lb pails instead of bags, it just stores so much easier and critters find it harder to attack.

I couldn't find a retailer locally that had what I wanted so I decided to buy in bulk (really, the bulk order has to be 5,000lbs).

PM me if you are interested.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom