• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gravitas73

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Your question does not make sense. How would denying gays rights infringe on my rights?
    That's kind of the point. It doesn't. Therefore it doesn't much matter if it disgusts you, the Constitution is about equal protection, not keeping you from being offended.

gravitas73

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Yes. Employers will be required to provide spousal benefits based on a relationship that they may find offensive.
    So you are claiming it infringes on an employer's rights by forcing them to give equal benefits to their workers?

First off, even if an employer had such a right, then that would make their mandatory benefits for straight couples unconstitutional.

So shouldn't employers be more upset over the grave injustice that applies to 90% of their workforce instead of the last 10%?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    The feds are one judge away from ensuring you are prohibited from carrying...well, not you...just private citizens.

Looking to the central goverment to address State matters is a treacherous proposition.

Apparently if that one vote switches, that will be okay with him, because, you know... the feds.

One thing that really separates America from other nations is the principle of balancing federal and State functions. Between federal incursions and Obama's pen and phone, we're on that road paved with good intentions...

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This is terrible news.

I know of at least three weddings that I'll probably be attending soon, and my gay friends have fabulously expensive tastes in their gift registries. God have mercy on my pocketbook.

Seriously, I'm happy for the lgbt community. It was only a matter of time.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    Well, if I own the company, the assets should be mine to distribute the way I see fit. Right?[/QUOTE

If you provide benefits to your employees, they're provided to ALL of them, not the ones whose marital arrangements suit your personal beliefs.

Exactly. I lose my right to manage my assets as I see fit. Will I also be required to pay everyone the same wage?

gravitas73

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Are you certain they aren't?

May I ask if you are a business owner responsible for employees and making payroll?

Yes I am certain they aren't. If they were they would be putting their priorities on getting FMLA etc declared unconstitutional instead of whining about gay rights.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    It makes him enlightened. Once upon a time slavery was accepted. Segregation. Woman's rights. All practices that were once enjoyed very little support until people stood up against injustice and said enough to ignorance and discrimination.

Enlightened? Is that a cute way of saying "agrees with me, disagrees with you"? Kind of like "mob mentality" really means "those unenlightened peasants who disagree with me"?

Who are all these people standing up you refer to. You do know that you are going to the courts to overrule the majority right?

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Yes. Employers will be required to provide spousal benefits based on a relationship that they may find offensive.

The same argument could be made for interracial relationships. Would that be acceptable? Your entire argument is based upon your hatred of a group of people because of the actions of your father. Seems like misdirected anger.

gravitas73

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Exactly. I lose my right to manage my assets as I see fit. Will I also be required to pay everyone the same wage?

Slave owners said the same thing before the 13th Amendment, and business owners in the south said the same thing about the Civil Rights Act.

So you tell me what is the graver injustice, your inability to be a prick, or someone else's inability to have some basic ****ing dignity.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Yes I am certain they aren't. If they were they would be putting their priorities on getting FMLA etc declared unconstitutional instead of whining about gay rights.

There is a long list of federal acts employers should be working on getting abolished.

May I ask if you are a business owner and if you have ever had to make payroll?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Slave owners said the same thing before the 13th Amendment, and business owners in the south said the same thing about the Civil Rights Act.

So you tell me what is the graver injustice, your inability to be a prick, or someone else's inability to have some basic ****ing dignity.

Your quote skills have failed you horribly. Are you related to Hotdoger?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom