• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Being skinny has literally zero effect on infection rate.

Such a mystery.

japan.jpg

But it has a definite effect on the outcome.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Can't find a link on their site, but WTHR had a story on their news this evening saying that the Indiana General Assembly will not be required to wear masks when they're at work. Rules for thee, but not for me... again. :rolleyes:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Can't find a link on their site, but WTHR had a story on their news this evening saying that the Indiana General Assembly will not be required to wear masks when they're at work. Rules for thee, but not for me... again. :rolleyes:

I'm not required to wear a mask at work in my office or in meetings where distancing occurs.

Under the state mandate, no one is at under these circumstances. I'm betting they are setting up for social distancing.

face.png

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm not required to wear a mask at work.

Under the state mandate, no one is at work if they are able to social distance.

Correct, but don't you think it might be a good idea to set an example if they feel that they're so important? At least two of the lawmakers (one from each party) are concerned enough that they have voiced concerns about the legislative sessions becoming "super spreader" events. I wonder if they'll comply if Biden ends up winning and does issue the nationwide mask mandate that he's promising. Personally, I don't care, but I do think it sends a bad message if they want people to comply, even if voluntarily.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Correct, but don't you think it might be a good idea to set an example if they feel that they're so important? And I wonder if they'll comply if Biden ends up winning and does issue the nationwide mask mandate that he's promising.

I think it's a good idea to set the example of following the rules. My guess is that they will.

As for Biden...I'm going to have to see the part of the Constitution that gives the federal government this power.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think it's a good idea to set the example of following the rules. My guess is that they will.

As for Biden...I'm going to have to see the part of the Constitution that gives the federal government this power.

I added some more stuff after you replied, but yeah, that's the gist of it. They've already said they aren't going to follow the rules. And if you're waiting on the Dems to follow the Constitution, you might have a long wait unless it makes it to the Supreme Court.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I added some more stuff after you replied, but yeah, that's the gist of it. They've already said they aren't going to follow the rules. And if you're waiting on the Dems to follow the Constitution, you might have a long wait unless it makes it to the Supreme Court.

Heh, the constitution has always been anathema to the creep state.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Re: Japan, the virus completely ignored their "world standard" flawless mask compliance and 50% of the population got covid. Very, very few people died from it because Japan is ridiculously skinny and healthy compared to the US, they never mass tested, and they never adopted the CDC-style overly broad definitions for counting deaths.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/2...d-COVID-19-herd-immunity-say-researchers.aspx

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Re: Japan, the virus completely ignored their "world standard" flawless mask compliance and 50% of the population got covid. Very, very few people died from it because Japan is ridiculously skinny and healthy compared to the US, they never mass tested, and they never adopted the CDC-style overly broad definitions for counting deaths.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/2...d-COVID-19-herd-immunity-say-researchers.aspx

Counting issues? You mean like if you die after being run over by a truck and your neighbor testspositive, you become a COVID death?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Correct, but don't you think it might be a good idea to set an example if they feel that they're so important? At least two of the lawmakers (one from each party) are concerned enough that they have voiced concerns about the legislative sessions becoming "super spreader" events. I wonder if they'll comply if Biden ends up winning and does issue the nationwide mask mandate that he's promising. Personally, I don't care, but I do think it sends a bad message if they want people to comply, even if voluntarily.

Where has Biden promised a national mandate? There is a difference between a federal mandate by executive order or a law signed by the President and using the office of the President to persuade governors to do so in their states. Ive heard and seen stories of the latter but none of the first 2. Have you?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Where has Biden promised a national mandate? There is a difference between a federal mandate by executive order or a law signed by the President and using the office of the President to persuade governors to do so in their states. Ive heard and seen stories of the latter but none of the first 2. Have you?

Where have you been sir. He has stated this in person at the mic. He has no idea how what you are describing works. He is pandering to another group and making wild promises.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not nearly as much effect as not being infected in the first place.

OK I get your subtle approach but you realize I have had and survived this.
    I am in the red zone across the board. And I came out the other side. No one else around me caught it.

A nephew tested positive. He lives in close quarters with family and is involved in sports so sweating in the weight room as a regular and nobody else caught it. Everyone tested negative.

This has been the story with the people we know that tested positive and a few were pretty sick but they were obese and not in stellar shape and 2 were diabetic hence my observations to match what my Doctor described to me. I am not just screaming from the tree tops as a diversion.

The 1st person that passed on record from this was a child hood friend of mine. Roberta was, sadly, a mess. It would not have taken much of anything to end her. Again, sadly.

Look at the graphs in this thread posted today.
    Look at who is seriously effected.
    Look at the survival rate.
    Yes the beds are filling up but with who. I do not wish ill on any one. But life is exactly that. Life.

I am not seeing it.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Where have you been sir. He has stated this in person at the mic. He has no idea how what you are describing works. He is pandering to another group and making wild promises.

I've seen the video where he advocates for mask mandates issued through the states, but none where Biden says that he, acting as President, will issue a national mask mandate. They are 2cdifferent things.

Top Bottom