• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Taxing because it is not a necessity is poor argument. Anything more than the state sales tax is theft. (ok the sales tax can be construed as theft also)

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    I do not think I know many people that would start smoking it because the government said OK let's fire it up boys nad girls.

im in that group,,im very afraid of american cops... in any other country,,,id try it,,,but this is america... things are hardcore here... our cops bust down your door,,,shoot you,,,throw you in jail,,,use up all your money in legal fees,,,give you a criminal record,,,and steal your car over this plant...

always figured it was just best to live a less free life to stay alive... just do what your told and your chances are better of not getting hurt... i aint wild about that,,,but thats the america i was born into...

aint never touched the stuff,,,and i mean it,,, ive seen a bag of it once or twice,,,and i wouldnt even touch the bag to move it...

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I agree that alcohol plays hell on the body, but if you use half a brain, and dont drink like a fish in water, you will be fine. The problem with pot is its more addictive, and brain damage cant be undone! Working in mental health, I get to see the end results of drug use, and brain damage due to drugs is about impossible to deal with.

And as far as taxing it, HELL YES! Pot is by no means a neccessity, its.. I guess a luxury? Maybe we could use the revenue from this alleged legal marijuana, because we all know its FOR A PROFIT, ande maybe cut down on some of the taxes elsewhere, oh lets say PROPERTY TAXES, or another tax that seems to be a pita.

But, like mentioned, it wont get passed.

-MColford

I wouldn't go that far, maybe psychologically, not physically like alcohol is. Marijuana can also be used safely once one becomes accustomed to the effects. I say legalize and tax it, it's the only realistic way it will ever become legal.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    And as far as taxing it, HELL YES! Pot is by no means a neccessity, its.. I guess a luxury? Maybe we could use the revenue from this alleged legal marijuana, because we all know its FOR A PROFIT, ande maybe cut down on some of the taxes elsewhere, oh lets say PROPERTY TAXES, or another tax that seems to be a pita.

I just don't like the idea that government can/should tell us what items we "need" and "don't need." Luxury Taxes are just a tool of big government. They need to shrink government, not create a new division of the IRS to tax plants.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I won't debate whether pot, something that grows from the earth, should have been criminalized in the first place but, comparing the alcohol prohibition to marijuana prohibition, is hardly an apt comparison when taking into consideration social, economic, and administrative factors.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I won't debate whether pot, something that grows from the earth, should have been criminalized in the first place but, comparing the alcohol prohibition to marijuana prohibition, is hardly an apt comparison when taking into consideration social, economic, and administrative factors.

Perhaps you could elaborate on these social, economic, and administrative factors. I don't see how the comparison is that far off. As a matter of fact, prohibition law always leads to a black market. Sex, abortion, guns, you name it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Perhaps you could elaborate on these social, economic, and administrative factors. I don't see how the comparison is that far off. As a matter of fact, prohibition law always leads to a black market. Sex, abortion, guns, you name it.

I certainly can and will. But, I'm am currently on my way out the door to partake of an adult beverage with some friends (Take that 21st Amendment!). In the meantime, if anyone else would like to chime in before I get back to answer the good gentleman's question, fell free.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I certainly can and will. But, I'm am currently on my way out the door to partake of an adult beverage with some friends (Take that 21st Amendment!). In the meantime, if anyone else would like to chime in before I get back to answer the good gentleman's question, fell free.

The 21st amendment repealed prohibition. Perhaps you mean "Take that 18th amendment!". :dunno:

But, you do lead to another point. Why does it take a constitutional amendment to ban alcohol but not one to ban cannabis?

Why isn't alcohol schedule I?

Last edited:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Cannabis will never be legalized because it CAN'T be taxed. A person only needs to grow a plant the size of a large tomato plant in order to satisfy his personal demand for a year.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    You can brew your own beer so why not be able to grow your on marijauna. They can even sell it by the pack at the liquor stores. But people would always buy bootleg pot cause you know the mexicans have the best stuff:rockwoot:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    You can brew your own beer so why not be able to grow your on marijauna. They can even sell it by the pack at the liquor stores. But people would always buy bootleg pot cause you know the mexicans have the best stuff:rockwoot:

That's the point though. You can brew your own beer and most likely it won't be as tasty as something brewed by professionals. It also requires quite a bit of equipment, labor, etc. Cannabis requires that you take 15 seconds to put a seed in the ground and come back 6 months later. That's why its called weed. Perhaps others buy into the whole "social impact" argument presented by politicians. I don't. They can't make money on it if it were legal. They make billions of dollars keeping it illegal. Politicians don't care about your well being, they care about balance sheets.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I will tell you now, that I hope that pot becomes legalized. It is not worth the money spent to keep it illegal. And if it were legal, and taxed, it would mean revenue for our government. I think more people need to cop a good buzz.

That being said, I do not smoke weed, and I hate taxes.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    As far as driving under the influence goes, are there tests that can determine if a person is under the influence of pot ? I know the tests that I am familiar with will be positive for quite a while after using, days or weeks after the effect is gone.
    I wonder what Amsterdam is like. Is everyone walking around stoned because they can?
    I don't think pot would be abused much more if it were legal. I think there might be a slight increase in people occasionally using if the change in law also changed their employers policy on pot. Like the people that won't smoke pot because they can be tested at work and fired if positive.
    I do not smoke pot because I can be tested by my employer and fired not because it is illegal. If it were legalized I wouldn't run out and buy a bail or pound or whatever and turn into a Cheech or Chong but I might occasionaly burn one around the camp fire with friends, that is if my job wouldn't fire me.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Nowhere did I say that pot wears on you physically. Mentally, yes it screws you!

And as far as taxing to hell, YES! They are taxing the hell out of tanning salons, because this is "bad for you." Marijuana is "bad for you", thus tax it too!

I got a feeling we are beating a dead horse though because it will never be legalized.

-MColford

Top Bottom