• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I want to thank everyone here for your support and kind words. What happened was something that no one should ever have to see or deal with. I feel terrible for my employees, the customers that were there, and his family. We have went over everything to see if there was anything we could of done differently and prevented this from happening. I can't come up with anything. He gave no indication of what he was going to do. He acted like any other customer that rents a gun and wants to try it out. He did wait until the range was clear and he was by himself before he did anything. We have cameras everywhere and had a certified range officer on duty at the time. They make regular rounds checking on the range but its the damned if you do damned if you don't thing. Some people get upset when you station a "babysitter" in the range. Our guys go back there frequently and check on the range and are always just a few feet away. Matter of fact, 2 different employees had checked the range just minutes before he did his thing. Do we stop rentals? No. I don't believe that is fair to the customer that wants to try before they buy or just wants to try shooting for the first time. Do we post up the suicide prevention hotline or have flyers on the counter? No because I don't think it will work and might give someone an idea that they may have not thought of. Unfortunately, whatever this guys state of mind was, he had it made up and did not think about or care about the other lives he was affecting. He had never been in the shop before from what we had gathered. No one recognized him and he was not a customer in any of our records. Obviously, if he had made a comment or said something along the lines of hurting himself or others we would of never allowed him to use the range, rent a gun, purchase one, etc. And we have had this happen before and taken care of it. He came in and acted completely normal. I thank everyone again for the thoughts, prayers, and support. The range is reopened today. It was down yesterday and is good as new.

You are handling this very professionally. It makes me proud to be a patron of yours. Keep up the good work and thanks for not letting one person ruin a great range for the rest of us.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    These occurrences suck. But what can you do....If not this way, they would step out in front of a train, jump off something. Bleh.

Every few years, someone ends it all by jumping off a balcony at the Hyatt downtown. So far, nobody on the ground floor has been hit.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I stopped in after work to get some things and saw the Fox59 remote van there. Wondered what it was doing there?

Top Bottom