• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If they are already doing it, why do they need a marriage license? They can do what they want with whatever they want, but there is no need to call it marriage.

I consider the act of incestual sex to be much more abhorrent than them having a government document that grants them spousal rights.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    WTF?

WTF #2....Incest is legal in New Jersey??

Yeah, found that very strange too

And the parents are supportive of the relationship :facepalm::puke:

And these were the better google results of incest babies. Ehhh......
    incest-incest-baby-screwed-up-demotivational-poster-1257809349.jpg

26884941e31a37cedbd35c048196acd5a104ef8f7656fbe1180e662db9de56d2.jpg

inbreeding.jpg

61cb12492a77d15c3ae737438374d2858092520552330b9c9541d2f782afab00.jpg

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Since the State can no longer exercise the 'morality' veto against same-sex marriage, how will the liberty crowd deal with consensual incest?

Woman plans to marry her father after two years of dating - FOX 32 News Chicago

Remember, you can't outlaw something based on your 'morality' when it's about two people in love. Aside from 'morality', why should this not be legal, in view of the freedom-to-love arguments made on behalf of same-sex marriage?

As far as the birth defect argument, do we genetically screen non-blood-related couples to ensure that their offspring won't suffer some horrible defect? What about incestuous couples that don't intend to have offspring? What about incestuous same-sex couples?

:dunno:

Ah the sweet smell of freedom. How long until even Progressives have had enough?

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    Some where in Kentucky a young man and his girl friend get caught by the guys father doing what it is young couples sneak off to do. The father tells them he better not catch them again, "Damnit son, if she ain't good enough for her own family, then she ain't good enough for ours"

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    "In light of the fundamental nature of procreation, and the importance placed on it by the Supreme Court, safeguarding an environment most conducive to the stable propagation and continuance of the human race is a legitimate government interest."
    — Maryland Court of Appeals, Frank Conaway, et al. v. Gitanjali Deane, et al.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I'm pretty sure government does regulate morality. Theft and murder come to mind as being against the law

This is why I said you have to draw a line somewhere. If I catch a guy stealing from me why can't I have the freedom to just kill him cause he made me mad?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Haven't you heard, "...every man did what was right in his own eyes" isn't a condemnation anymore, it's a mission statement.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    WTF #2....Incest is legal in New Jersey??

And the net effect of that has been...what? What harm to society has arisen from this?

People confuse "right" and "legal" quite a bit. It may not be "right" but unless you can show some harm other than "it offends me" what basis is there for society to interject itself via government?

So, still don't care. Consenting adults and all that falls firmly into "not my business".

While we're on the topic, why is prostitution still illegal? Everyone pays for it in some respect, and it's the world's oldest small business. Why regulate it out of existence (heh, like it ever goes out of existence)?

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Naturally, the exact same people who only ten years ago scoffed at people like myself who said there would be homosexual marriage forced through the courts, the exact same people who have since become advocates for homosexual marriage, now scoff at people (again like myself) who will calmly point out that this is the next frontier in the marriage wars.
    Up next: polygamy, marrying the dead, interspecies marriage, and marriage to inanimate objects
    Yes, I'm being absurd, but that's what they said about what has now been forced upon us by the courts.
    Love is love, right?
    Right?

All of your examples are impossible because marriage requires consent of both parties except for polygamy. I really don't think America could ever allow it, heck 50% of 2-person marriages don't work anyway.

Top Bottom