• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So unless the constitution stated it, that right didn't exist?

Didn't exist? You can have whatever philosophy you want. I deal in reality. The Constitution did not protect the rights of black people until it was changed to do so through the legislative system- amending the Constitution. The fact it was immoral does not change the legalities of what the Constitution applied to. You seem to be advocating that new rights should be protected by the Constitution based upon the whim of judges. That is way too much power to put in a group of unelected, tenure for life academics.

Rather, if we believe that things which were not previously recognized as protected by the Constitution should now be protected, the call should be the people's through the Amendment process. Why is everyone so afraid of the Constitution?

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    There are two issues here.

Gay marriage doesn't harm anyone, nor is there any reason to oppose it.

Incestuous marriage MIGHT harm someone, to wit: the unborn who might result.

What I do NOT know about the genetic ramifications here would fill volumes. Is there a way around this issue? I dunno.

For ME anyway, the jury is still out on this. I need more information.

An incestuous marriage doesn't necessarily harm the consenting adults, but any offspring could potentially be harmed. So what happens if it's discovered the fetus is deformed? The government shouldn't say you have to abort it nor keep it. I think I'll take the same small government approach to abortion here, let the adults decide for themselves.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    "Honor your father and your mother"

It's Honor - NOT Boner! :rolleyes:

Morally - Legally - Doesn't really matter.
    It's still evil, illegitimate, insane, dangerous, wicked, irrational, etc...

Not to mention(which I will) a complete Abomination against humanity. Just because it may be acceptable behavior to some morons, doesn't make it right.

Dude needs to be castrated slowly and have a lobotomy. At the least a public stoning.
    The aliens are laughing at us again.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Didn't exist? You can have whatever philosophy you want. I deal in reality. The Constitution did not protect the rights of black people until it was changed to do so through the legislative system- amending the Constitution. The fact it was immoral does not change the legalities of what the Constitution applied to. You seem to be advocating that new rights should be protected by the Constitution based upon the whim of judges. That is way too much power to put in a group of unelected, tenure for life academics.

Rather, if we believe that things which were not previously recognized as protected by the Constitution should now be protected, the call should be the people's through the Amendment process. Why is everyone so afraid of the Constitution?

So blacks should have been forced to wait on the benevolence of the majority of the white population to see fit to give them freedom, the right to vote, etc? Because everyone was so willing to amend the constitution so that all men may be free. Easy to advocate when you weren't the one living under that tyranny.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    "Honor your father and your mother"

It's Honor - NOT Boner! :rolleyes:

Morally - Legally - Doesn't really matter.
    It's still evil, illegitimate, insane, dangerous, wicked, irrational, etc...

Not to mention(which I will) a complete Abomination against humanity. Just because it may be acceptable behavior to some morons, doesn't make it right.

Dude needs to be castrated slowly and have a lobotomy. At the least a public stoning.
    The aliens are laughing at us again.
    ISIS called. They want their juror back.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So blacks should have been forced to wait on the benevolence of the majority of the white population to see fit to give them freedom, the right to vote, etc? Because everyone was so willing to amend the constitution so that all men may be free. Easy to advocate when you weren't the one living under that tyranny.

Many a dictator have come to power arguing that democratic principles are too inconvenient.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Many a dictators have come to power arguing that democratic principles are too inconvenient.

And what's the difference when the majority conveniently use the democratic process to keep others in chains? As long as the majority believes one thing, the constitution will never be amended as the majority will never vote for the politicians who would change it. And if you're the minority being trod upon? Sucks to be you.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    And what's the difference when the majority conveniently use the democratic process to keep others in chains? As long as the majority believes one thing, the constitution will never be amended as the majority will never vote for the politicians who would change it. And if you're the minority being trod upon? Sucks to be you.

Is there a better country in this regard out there than the United States?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If you want to make a constitutional argument, you have to present the clause of the constitution that grants the government the power to regulate/prohibit consensual interpersonal relationships.

If there is no power granted in the constitution, then the law is unconstitutional.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    As long as we're at least a smidgeon better than the next guy.

Well, there you have it.
    Nobody said it was perfect, but it's a damn far cry better here than anywhere else.
    And you wonder why people fight to keep this country from becoming like the rest of the planet.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Well, there you have it.
    Nobody said it was perfect, but it's a damn far cry better here than anywhere else.
    And you wonder why people fight to keep this country from becoming like the rest of the planet.

Is that your standard for parenting? As long as your kid is better than the other little heathens, it's all good.

So long as most of our people are free, the minority being trampled by the majority can suck it up.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    An incestuous marriage doesn't necessarily harm the consenting adults, but any offspring could potentially be harmed. So what happens if it's discovered the fetus is deformed? The government shouldn't say you have to abort it nor keep it. I think I'll take the same small government approach to abortion here, let the adults decide for themselves.

So what you're saying is, government should be so small as to not have legal authority to prevent or punish someone who commits murder? Should this only apply when the victim is unborn, or can we extend this "liberty" to kill to anyone, no matter the class of victim they choose? I'm all for small government, but when an adult conspires to murder an infant, there is no protection offered said infant other than the law. As 2A supporters, we all hold dear the right to defend ourselves. Is someone without the capability of self defense to be left with no defense at all? Are families with severely handicapped relatives being disenfranchised of their rights to kill a burdensome family member simply because that person is no longer in the womb?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Is that your standard for parenting? As long as your kid is better than the other little heathens, it's all good.

So long as most of our people are free, the minority being trampled by the majority can suck it up.

So you don't think we should attempt to spread even a semblance freedom around the world....
    but here at home it's my responsibility to raise my neighbors kids?
    Here, they have the freedom to be whatever they want to be.... self determination and all of that..... not so much anywhere else.
    If they choose to be heathens it's not from a failure on my part. If MY kids choose to be heathens then I have failed as a parent.
    When that happens you can feel free to criticize me to your hearts content.

rw496

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lake County
    If you want to make a constitutional argument, you have to present the clause of the constitution that grants the government the power to regulate/prohibit consensual interpersonal relationships.

If there is no power granted in the constitution, then the law is unconstitutional.
    It went like this, and I'm paraphrasing:
    US Constitution: We are going to leave these issues to the States.
    Indiana: Cool, well gay marriage is banned then via state law, and almost AMENDMENT to the State Constitution
    US Constitution: No, can't do that it's fundamental to the natural rights of man even though the US Constitution gives the States the authority to do this. We now retract that power.

So, finally Rambone is arguing in favor of a strong Federal Government. :patriot:

Top Bottom