• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    So, I take it that you all think that gay marriage in other states is ok and should be legal here because it's legal in other states?

Just as soon as you point out that gay marriage was one of the privileges and immunities referenced by Roger Taney.

Gay marriage=policy

Carrying a gun=right

Last time I checked, marriage (gay or straight) was not in the Constitution.
    Bearing Arms...was!

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    I like this comment below the article...

I'll say it again:Constitution of the United States "Article IV, section 2; The Citizens of each State SHALL BE ENTITLED to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States."

Ryann has a valid carry permit in Indiana, and by the Constitution he has the right to carry in New York, New York. PERIOD. It is the same law that says a Marriage in one state is valid in all 50 states, and seven territories

And there are thousands of people with marriage LICENSES and are legally entitled to be married to gay partners in other states. Why should we (Indiana) be allowed to nullify their legally licensed union by the above logic?

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    From the article;

Um...if there's a blanket "no guns" thing...then why are they posting signs in certain areas?
    Doesn't that redundantly reiterate what it repeated already? :dunno:

Must be like a "drug free zone". It's illegal, but is some places is super-duper illegal. :rolleyes:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    We do not live in Europe. We live in the United States of America. I take it that since we are united, all states should automatically accept another states license. Just like drivers and automobile license plates. Crossing state lines and city limits should make a difference. I can;t see what gives them the right to be different.

Yep, but sadly, the 2nd amendment has been bastardized over the years in many locales. NYC is one such sh*thole. Chicago is another.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    We do not live in Europe. We live in the United States of America. No one should need a license to exercise a constitutional right. Unlike drivers and automobile license plates. Crossing state lines and city limits should make a difference. I can;t see what gives them the right to be different.

FTFY :D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    My brother is in apprenticeship with a jeweler and was told their are exceptions because of the amounts of money they carry, but I don't know if that's true or not.

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    Bad trip to NYC for a Marine

Dunno if this story has been posted before, but what a bad situation for this Marine. Part of me feels really bad for this guy, but the other part of me is asking "how the heck did he not know about NYC's hatred for handguns?" Terrible situation for a guy who was simply trying to protect himself while carrying some valuables.

Article says he's from Indiana. Possible INGO member?

Marine | New York Gun Law | Prison Sentence | The Daily Caller

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    One can only hope these instances force through a national reciprocity law. Well, one besides the Constitution, since that one doesn't seem to mean :poop: any longer in America.

ab1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2011
    And there are thousands of people with marriage LICENSES and are legally entitled to be married to gay partners in other states. Why should we (Indiana) be allowed to nullify their legally licensed union by the above logic?

Apples and oranges...gay marriage is a policy issue, 2A is consitutional.

Although my answer to your question would be that we (Indiana) shouldn't be allowed to nullify anything that is legally licensed by another state and not contrary to federal law.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    This story and all like it are the exact reason we need National Reciprocity!!! It is ludicrious that I have a license to carry in IN, but it is not valid or recognized everywhere... what's next, separate drivers licenses for every state, separate proof of citizenship? This country needs to pull it's political head out of it's ass and realize that demonizing law-abiding citizens will NEVER solve any crime problems!

is there a federal law that requires states to accept other states DL's and Plates?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    So, I take it that you all think that gay marriage in other states is ok and should be legal here because it's legal in other states?

Why should anyone care if 2 males or 2 females are getting married? Having policy against it is stupid. They have as much right to be miserable as straight people.

About the guy getting busted in NYC, it is our responsibility to know the laws when we travel. We shouldn't have to worry about it but until that changes, we do.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Just as soon as you point out that gay marriage was one of the privileges and immunities referenced by Roger Taney.

Gay marriage=policy

Carrying a gun=right

Is straight marriage a "privelege and immunity"? If so then what makes gay marriage any different than straight marriage?

Are you saying that the ONLY "priveleges & immunities" are those listed in the BoR?

Last time I checked, marriage (gay or straight) was not in the Constitution.
    Bearing Arms...was!

I think you & Kirk are forgetting the fact that just because a Right isn't specifically listed as such in the Constitution it doesn't mean that Right doesn't exist. We have many Rights that aren't listed in the Constitution (wait, I think there is an Amendment that covers that exact situation.)

Where does it say in the Constitution that you have the Right to travel outside your home state? to watch what you want on television? to have kids?

We would lead a very restricted life if we based our Rights only on those specifically listed in the BoR.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'm as sad that you can't carry anywhere in the USA as the next law-abiding firearm carrier, but this guy is an idiot.

How could anyone with half of a brain not do their research well before carrying for the first time? :n00b:

Ryan Jerome, I hate to see you lose your freedom after you so bravely fought for mine. Sorry about your [STRIKE]luck[/STRIKE] stupidity.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    The constitution trumps any law...gay marriage is not in the constitution

:rolleyes:

Neither is straight marriage.

Any bets on the level of outrage & Constitutional challenges that would come from a law banning straight marriage?

You need to re-read my first post in this thread (if you even bothered to read it the first time).

There are many things that are Rights that aren't listed in the Constitution/BoR. Marriage is one of those Rights. That's true whether that marriage is gay or straight.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom