• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    I do hope he comes out of this OK. Hope he is a member of USCCA. To take care of his legal issues.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Man, he had to have been living under a rock to not see all of the stories in the past few years about people getting arrested for gun possession in NYC.

Also, what does him being an ex marine have to do with the situation?

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    This story and all like it are the exact reason we need National Reciprocity!!! It is ludicrious that I have a license to carry in IN, but it is not valid or recognized everywhere... what's next, separate drivers licenses for every state, separate proof of citizenship? This country needs to pull it's political head out of it's ass and realize that demonizing law-abiding citizens will NEVER solve any crime problems!

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    you always need to know the laws of where your travelin'.....sorry to say he dug his own ditch..... Chicago and you'll get the same treatment....

Last edited:

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    We do not live in Europe. We live in the United States of America. I take it that since we are united, all states should automatically accept another states license. Just like drivers and automobile license plates. Crossing state lines and city limits should make a difference. I can;t see what gives them the right to be different.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    From the article;
    In December, Tennessee nurse Meredith Graves noticed a “no guns” sign at the World Trade Center site and asked where she could leave her weapon, only to face similar charges.
    Um...if there's a blanket "no guns" thing...then why are they posting signs in certain areas?
    Doesn't that redundantly reiterate what it repeated already? :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    From the article;

Um...if there's a blanket "no guns" thing...then why are they posting signs in certain areas?

The gun check areas are for LEOs visiting. They are allowed to carry.

But my thoughts on this are the two people who have been arrested are not responsible gun owners. Yeah I know I am going to get killed and flamed, blah blah I don't care. But its true, as a responsible gun owner it is your obligation to know the gun laws of the states you are visiting. The fact that we all see the gun laws as unjust is irrelevant, we need to follow those laws until we can get them changed. In NYC don't hold your breath because the citizens who vote there are in favor of this by a HUGE margin. It is not going to change anytime soon. I think the national reciprocity is never going to happen, it would be cool, but its just not ever going to get passed.

There is no point in comparing drivers license to a gun permit, some states have different drivers license laws too. But it is a different ball game anyway, no one is in favor of banning cars, but many would be in favor of banning guns.

That is all the more reason for responsible gun owners to be vigilant in making sure you are being safe, you are abiding by all laws (even ones you disagree with), and doing everything we can to positively influence the gun community.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    The gun check areas are for LEOs visiting. They are allowed to carry.

But my thoughts on this are the two people who have been arrested are not responsible gun owners. Yeah I know I am going to get killed and flamed, blah blah I don't care. But its true, as a responsible gun owner it is your obligation to know the gun laws of the states you are visiting. The fact that we all see the gun laws as unjust is irrelevant, we need to follow those laws until we can get them changed. In NYC don't hold your breath because the citizens who vote there are in favor of this by a HUGE margin. It is not going to change anytime soon. I think the national reciprocity is never going to happen, it would be cool, but its just not ever going to get passed.

There is no point in comparing drivers license to a gun permit, some states have different drivers license laws too. But it is a different ball game anyway, no one is in favor of banning cars, but many would be in favor of banning guns.

That is all the more reason for responsible gun owners to be vigilant in making sure you are being safe, you are abiding by all laws (even ones you disagree with), and doing everything we can to positively influence the gun community.

+1...rep sent...

ab1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2011
    I like this comment below the article...

I'll say it again:Constitution of the United States "Article IV, section 2; The Citizens of each State SHALL BE ENTITLED to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States."

Ryann has a valid carry permit in Indiana, and by the Constitution he has the right to carry in New York, New York. PERIOD. It is the same law that says a Marriage in one state is valid in all 50 states, and seven territories

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    From the article;

But some of the privileged few are actually licensed to carry a handgun in NYC. So, I guess the signs are for them.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    There is a reason it is called these united states, not the united states.

The band?

New York is not its own country.

Mississippi cannot prevent African-Americans from voting; New York should not be allowed to deny citizens their right to carry a gun.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    From the article;

In addition to visiting LEOs as 04DarkShadowGT remarked, it is also possible to have a NYS pistol permit validated for NYC.

EDIT: beaten by Compatriot G. He must have replied while I was trying to defeat the spell check on my phone.

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I like this comment below the article...

I'll say it again:Constitution of the United States "Article IV, section 2; The Citizens of each State SHALL BE ENTITLED to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States."

Ryann has a valid carry permit in Indiana, and by the Constitution he has the right to carry in New York, New York. PERIOD. It is the same law that says a Marriage in one state is valid in all 50 states, and seven territories

^ this is quote worthy! We shouldn't need a national reciprocity law. This kind of incident is why the Feds should step in and force states to comply. :patriot:

Top Bottom