• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We have established that, you are repeating your self, ethanol bad... YES, current farm subsidies bad... YES. Do you currently buy food that is subsidized?

I think we're going in circles. Please start getting to the part where you defend your desire to take my resources to fund your livelihood. So far all you've done is establish an already known fact that you are taking my resources to fund your livelihood.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    You have no idea how many things are price supported by the government do you? Food is the simple one, are you wearing cotton? Are you in a wood structure? Is the electricity in your home being supplied by wind or coal? How do you make the distinction of what is subsidized and not? Where did you get that popcorn you are eating?

Did your mother let you get away with the "it's OK, everyone's doing it" excuse? No? We won't either.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    All I know is the **** ruins my 2 strokes. But some sta-bil solves that.

id pay extra to purchase pure gasoline.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I think we're going in circles. Please start getting to the part where you defend your desire to take my resources to fund your livelihood. So far all you've done is establish an already known fact that you are taking my resources to fund your livelihood.

I do not take your resources (what ever that means) for my livelihood. You do not know what I do for a living. I'm a part time farmer. Farming is not my livelihood.
    I do not recive a payment. %75 Of farmers recive subsidy payments,most small farmers do not, we do not earn enough farm income. That's the problem, for decades the government has said that the farm bill is for the "little guy" all it has done is make big farmers bigger.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I do not take your resources (what ever that means) for my livelihood. You do not know what I do for a living. I'm a part time farmer. Farming is not my livelihood.
    I do not recive a payment. %75 Of farmers recive subsidy payments,most small farmers do not, we do not earn enough farm income. That's the problem, for decades the government has said that the farm bill is for the "little guy" all it has done is make big farmers bigger.
    I'm talking about wealth redistribution. You don't need to personally receive subsidies to participate in taking my money. If you profit from the higher prices that are the result of a market that would not exist without the taxpayer, you are profiting from the confiscation of people's resources.

I don't blame you. But fabricating 30% of the market demand for corn has to have an effect on the market, even though it is speculative. If a market can't survive on its own, why must my tax dollars help prop it up?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    There are other options for food than paying someone else for it. Are you saying that you don't know how to live without Uncle Sugga?

And if every single person in the United States went out and got food with these other methods, how long would that supply last?

Are you saying you dont purchase anything from the grocery store?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Some context.

Are you saying if food prices stabalized at a higher cost than you're willing to pay, you would simply quit eating?

There are other options for food than paying someone else for it. Are you saying that you don't know how to live without Uncle Sugga?

I find it ironic that posters on a gun forum, especially those who have screen names such as "ZombieApocolypse", would think that the grocery store is the only source of food! I guess INGO should just shut down the prepping forum.

And if every single person in the United States went out and got food with these other methods, how long would that supply last?

Are you saying you dont purchase anything from the grocery store?

Let's stay on track here, and try not to "what if" the conversation into absurdity. Because, you're being absurd in the context of a free market. And, of course we shop at the grocery store. When one store charges more than I want to pay for something, I shop elsewhere. If I can't find it for what I'm willing to pay, I don't buy that thing. I don't have much choice about ethanol.

The conversation is about wanting a free market. In a free market, how long do you think unaffordable prices "to every single person in the United States" could remain stable? And if you're talking about a zombie apocalypse scenario, WTF do we have a prepping forum?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I find it ironic that posters on a gun forum, especially those who have screen names such as "ZombieApocolypse", would think that the grocery store is the only source of food! I guess INGO should just shut down the prepping forum

Some context.
    Let's stay on track here, and try not to "what if" the conversation into absurdity. Because, you're being absurd in the context of a free market. And, of course we shop at the grocery store. When one store charges more than I want to pay for something, I shop elsewhere. If I can't find it for what I'm willing to pay, I don't buy that thing. I don't have much choice about ethanol.

The conversation is about wanting a free market. In a free market, how long do you think unaffordable prices "to every single person in the United States" could remain stable? And if you're talking about a zombie apocalypse scenario, WTF do we have a prepping forum?

I find it ironic that assume so much

You tell me not to "what if" the conversation into absurdity then bring up a ZA situation. Well done sir.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I find it ironic that assume so much

You tell me not to "what if" the conversation into absurdity then bring up a ZA situation. Well done sir.

No, not well done at all. Just bringing your argument to its logical conclusion. Anyone could have done that really.

Top Bottom