• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    And that is all you are going to tell us?
    let us get warmed up first... it was very cold.. like she said.

WTHR did interviews with us and WISH was there.. no interviews that I know of.

We did have a member getting lots of pictures. I am sure he will get them posted as soon as he can.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    AAR? Photos?

It was really uneventful. They were noisy with their silly little "We want change" chant. Then they "hid" behind the statue on the steps on the east side of the State House (might have something to do with the fact that we got to the sidewalk first :dunno: ), then they left.

I was dying to ask one of them how they reconciled the numerous "assault rifles" on display with their claim that guns are the root cause of violence in the absence of violence on the sidewalk where we stood, but thought better of it. :D

And that is all you are going to tell us?

Um, I was one of the ones interviewed. Despite my efforts to avoid it. I even got to read my awesome sign on camera.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    From the WTHR.com website:

Indiana moms march for gun control - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

See what they did there?
    going on the question she kept asking "are you going to be here protesting every time someone comes in support of gun control?" I figured we would get the bad light on this one.

Those who were there know the truth though. None of our guns jumped out of their holsters or off backs to shoot someone. We were all polite and even spoke greetings of good morning to many of them.

We left the area as it was when we arrived, someone who was there with us has a picture of the signs they left discarded on the state house steps when they were gone.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Funny how WTHR got there AFTER the OMM's group had all left the state house; talked to 3 of the Mom's - all Carrying Pro 2A signs (take pics of our signs, only one's I saw on the article) ... and then write a totally LEFT article.

Great Job today Everyone! ... Stand Together and Stay Smart. Nice Pics of the event by DV. Not sure if they're linked or not yet.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    going on the question she kept asking "are you going to be here protesting every time someone comes in support of gun control?" I figured we would get the bad light on this one.

That one has bothered me since I got home. It was the one answer I wish I could take back and re-deliver. I did not want to be interviewed and so I wasn't prepared for it when it happened. Couple not having anything prepared to say with being caught completely off-guard, and nearly frozen lips, it was not my finest moment. :):

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    WISHTV 8 probably has the biggest MillionMom jerkoff I have seen so far....

One Million Moms for Gun Control lead peaceful demonstration

From the article:
    “I'm here today because too many children have died in gun violence in our country. Every day an average of eight children die of gun related injuries,” says Swigonski.

She would have a better batting average in terms of number of children saved if she focused on these causes of accidental death in children:

The Top Five Causes Of Unintentional Injury involving children:

1. Car Accidents: Kill 260,000 children a year and injure about 10 million children. They are the leading cause of death among children and a leading cause of child disability.

(712 deaths per day)
    2. Drowning: Kills more than 175,000 children annually. Up to 3 million children each year survive a drowning incident. Due to brain damage in some survivors, nonfatal drowning has the highest average lifetime health and economic impact of any type of child injury. 
 (479 deaths per day) 

3. Burns: Fire-related burns kill nearly 96,000 children a year. 
(263 deaths per day)
    4. Falls: Nearly 47,000 children fall to their deaths every year, but hundreds of thousands more children sustain serious injuries from a fall. 

(128 deaths per day)
    5. Poisoning: More than 45,000 children die each year from unintended poisoning.
 (123 deaths per day)

It's not about the children.

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    Did anyone clean up after the MM's?
    I understand that allowing their trash to sit, or blow in the wind may make
    a statement about who they are, but I think picking it up and putting it in
    it's proper place makes a bigger statement.

Thanks for going out ladies.

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    WISHTV has video up now.....

I love how the Million Moms whole schtick was basically just a short manufactured photo op. They managed to get pretty much every network there.....you folks were right in saying that they have some heavyweight PR muscle.

I hope we see 5K people out on 2/8.

Wish I could have stuck with everyone, but I was on baby wrangling duty and the 4 year old and 9 month old do not tolerate the cold quite as well as you gun totin' mamas (and your men), so we hid away in the mall for a spell.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    AAR? Photos?
    file.php

Million Moms Pro-2nd Amendment Rally - Photography by Dan Voils has all the pictures.
    "Permission to use these photos is given as long as they are used in a positive way to promote firearms and the preservation of the Second Amendment." (Except for the ones of Kimball with the pink Cricket. Use that to embarrass him if you can!)

It was a fairly decent day. Our ladies were right on top of everything and showed they are ladies and not demons as the "million moms" would have everyone believe. We showed them courtesy and respect. They left trash on the steps that one of our ladies cleaned up. We had a long peaceful rally and march. They made a lot of noise, jay walked, stopped traffic illegally and were pretty much idiots.
    The media did try to blindside a couple of our ladies with instigating questions but they handled it well. I suggest on the 8th we have a few formal spokespeople to handle media interaction.
    Definitely worth the time and $20 parking ticket. Their parking ambassador is quick! I went over by about 5 minutes but I'll pay it. First ticket I think I've ever gotten!

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    WISHTV has video up now.....

I love how the Million Moms whole schtick was basically just a short manufactured photo op. They managed to get pretty much every network there.....you folks were right in saying that they have some heavyweight PR muscle.

Woman who started it has a PR firm.
    Another Zionsville leftist "mom" that has too much time on her hands and doesn't know what to do to really help people.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Woman who started it has a PR firm.
    Another Zionsville leftist "mom" that has too much time on her hands and doesn't know what to do to really help people.

..and she is a former Dem Strategist. Funny how nobody picks up on the fact she claims to be a "stay at home mom", yet owns/runs a PR Firm. :n00b:

Top Bottom