• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    .95 on the shield and 1.2 on the compact.

I have both a compact and the Shield and I find that small difference amazingly easy to notice. Also look at the grip, the Shield i nicer to hold. They feel better in hand and IMO shoot better. I also admit in my case I am comparing a 357 Sig to a 40, I do have the 40 bbl for the compact though. Having fired both in the same caliber with the same ammo, it is so much better to shoot the Shield.

Look at how much these two fill my hand and you should see why the Shield feels better over all. I can get all my fingers on both of them but both do not fall on my palm the same. The M&PC only fills about half og my grip while the Shield nearly fills iit completely.

Here's the Shield...
    main.php

And the M&Pc..........
    main.php

see how it misses the heel of my last finger... not as nice feeling IMO but I still like it and shoot it. I just stopped carrying it.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yeah the shield grip is longer. It's surprising but very comfortable! I also think the shield allows for more accuracy. If your a good shot it's not by much but noticeable.
    One has to decide if smaller size is more important than higher round capacity. Shield max is 8 + 1.
    Compact is 11 + 1

not it an issue if you carry a spare mag in my opinion. I carry both but the shield disappears with the right holster.

Diamond Jim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    My shield shot to the left also. I am convinced you should adjust the front sight as they say. My Son and I worked half an hour or so trying to drive the sight. I am convinced it has to be moved by a press and not a punch. I called S & W and told them about the problem.. They mailed me a box and I had It back in less than two weeks. Sight fixed. I am happy with the shield and the service.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    My shield shot to the left also. I am convinced you should adjust the front sight as they say. My Son and I worked half an hour or so trying to drive the sight. I am convinced it has to be moved by a press and not a punch. I called S & W and told them about the problem.. They mailed me a box and I had It back in less than two weeks. Sight fixed. I am happy with the shield and the service.

Is it possible that it is not the gun but rather the shooter? Not trying to be rude but an honest question.

Top Bottom