• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If I have to open my bad eye to start reading actual names...
    I'm gonna be mad.

It may help to note, I've absorbed a LOT of gamma radiation.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I can not open the link due to my ad blocker. And I am not dropping that. Can someone list the Hi-Lites please.

The charges against Wroblewski stem from a 2019 incident in which he’s accused of stealing a handgun.

According to the probable cause affidavit, a manager for an auto auction on Plaza Boulevard told police that in 2018, Wroblewski had given her his card and told her to call him directly if she ever found guns or other weapons in a car acquired by the auction. It was not uncommon for the auction to find such things in vehicles and call police to retrieve the items.

The first time the manager contacted Wroblewski directly about something inside a car was in late 2018 to recover a gun clip with bullets. The second time she reached out to the officer was May 16, 2019, to retrieve a gun, according to court records.

There were no logged reports of Wroblewski making a run to that property on May 16, but he did run a query on a serial number from a Smith & Wesson that day. Queries are run through the Indiana Data and Communications System, or IDACS, and can show whether an item had been reported stolen. Wroblewski ran a second query on the same gun on June 4, 2019.

During the investigation, police learned of a man who had been arrested in March 2019 for driving while intoxicated. When that man retrieved his car from the auto auction, his Smith & Wesson was missing. He never reported the missing gun, which had the same serial number as the one Wroblewski ran a check on, according to investigators.

In September 2019, police spoke to a different auto auction manager who recalled giving a gun to Wroblewski, though she did not remember the date. In January 2020, police searched Wroblewski’s home and IMPD vehicle but did not locate the gun in question.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I can not open the link due to my ad blocker. And I am not dropping that. Can someone list the Hi-Lites please.

From the Indy Star article:

The charges against Wroblewski stem from a 2019 incident in which he’s accused of stealing a handgun.

According to the probable cause affidavit, a manager for an auto auction on Plaza Boulevard told police that in 2018, Wroblewski had given her his card and told her to call him directly if she ever found guns or other weapons in a car acquired by the auction. It was not uncommon for the auction to find such things in vehicles and call police to retrieve the items.

The first time the manager contacted Wroblewski directly about something inside a car was in late 2018 to recover a gun clip with bullets. The second time she reached out to the officer was May 16, 2019, to retrieve a gun, according to court records.

There were no logged reports of Wroblewski making a run to that property on May 16, but he did run a query on a serial number from a Smith & Wesson that day. Queries are run through the Indiana Data and Communications System, or IDACS, and can show whether an item had been reported stolen. Wroblewski ran a second query on the same gun on June 4, 2019.

During the investigation, police learned of a man who had been arrested in March 2019 for driving while intoxicated. When that man retrieved his car from the auto auction, his Smith & Wesson was missing. He never reported the missing gun, which had the same serial number as the one Wroblewski ran a check on, according to investigators.

In September 2019, police spoke to a different auto auction manager who recalled giving a gun to Wroblewski, though she did not remember the date. In January 2020, police searched Wroblewski’s home and IMPD vehicle but did not locate the gun in question.

[... whole bunch of unrelated nonsense about the recent police action shootings and unjustified protests ...]

Taylor said Friday that both of the arrested officers have been placed on unpaid suspension. Taylor said he has made a recommendation to terminate the employment of both officers to the Citizens Police Merit Board.

"The events of recent days have led us to reaffirm our commitment to transparency and holding ourselves accountable to our community. We remain steadfast in that effort,” Taylor said.

Cracker

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 10, 2020
    Hanover

So.....at least he ran a 29 on it to make sure it wasn't stolen?? That shows an effort in my book. Not theft.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I'll pick one for you and make it yours.

Oh man! That's like some Harry Potter hat choosing where you live stuff. I like it. At 35 quality posts Bigtanker assigns you a avatar. At 150 posts you can change it. Yea I like this idea!

On a serious note this whole thing sucks. THE only nice thing in this thread is all the old names that have shown up and others that have been talked about. Brought back some good memories. Oh and CM delving in the archives to get some back history was fun. I bet he was like WTH was going on at times back then. Lotta good, little crazy but all fun. All these years and I still like this place.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I guess the $64k question would be, what happened to the gun? The allegations point to Wroblewski having possession of the gun at some point in time.

Top Bottom