• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Saw a TV show where someone was doing this, think they were repo men or bail bondsmen or something, scanning and downloaded plates and checking them against state databases...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Well, 5 of them anyway, till they can get some more money. They've got them some new fangled license plate scanners so they can just drive around and scan plates in order to find "murderers" and other scoff laws. Can't help but wonder if their database will include LTCH's, too.

IMPD plugs in new license plate scanners | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

THIS IS WHY I HATE WITH A PASSION Carry permits..... HATE.

What happens when Big brother says NO MORE GUNS, and pulls a house to house collection (Secretively)... :noway: And uses LTCH/CCW databases etc...

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    ^^^^^^^
    <edit>
    Wow, the market is fast...it reacted while I was typing ;)

Seriously...like this, assuming the technology is similar.

..if not, I'm working on the spray :D
    </edit>

Don't be all down in the dumps fellas. Now's the time to use that free market ingenuity!

Research...figure out the technology...then....it can be defeated.

Ideally, something you can sell in a spray bottle...and it would last...but not through a car wash (people would be okay with this) so reapplication would guarantee a continuous revenue stream....

'twould be a beaut' to render said toys worthless in such a fashion...at least until they pass the law banning "the spray"

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I hope this expenditure of our tax dollars pays off by taking real criminals off of the streets & are not used to go after parking ticket violators.

jmildoc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    South of Indy (in the woods)
    Well don't visit DC they have this and so much more. I have been working out there for a year and it is amasing what you see.

thats no joke
    you better not speed anywhere!!
    dont look over your shoulder
    definitely dont talk on your phone

might as well not even think about taking your hands off the wheel

its really bad there I lived there for 5 years.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Well, 5 of them anyway, till they can get some more money. They've got them some new fangled license plate scanners so they can just drive around and scan plates in order to find "murderers" and other scoff laws. Can't help but wonder if their database will include LTCH's, too.

IMPD plugs in new license plate scanners | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

I knew when I saw this mentioned on the news last night that people would be all fired up about it on here.....

If it helps them catch criminals then great..... I have nothing to hide and am not a criminal...... if it keeps them from pulling me over then even better.

To many people are overly paranoid about their guns being taken or getting harrased for having one..... they are just scanning your plate... no different then you matching the description of someone wanted and them runing your plate manualy and you drive down the road or them asking for your ID to run........

Even if they do end up putting LTCH's in the database from what I have read on states that do traffic stops go a lot better and smoother so who cares.... but even here I don't know of any cops who assume there is NOT a gun in the car allready.

I hope this expenditure of our tax dollars pays off by taking real criminals off of the streets & are not used to go after parking ticket violators.

I see your point and agree but even parking ticket violators are still breaking the law.... if a bunch of cars come up fine but then one comes up with say a warrent for a parking ticket the officer I doubt will wait all day for them but I bet there will be a recorder that records all the plates and alerts they get just like how the dash cam is rocorded and it will be on them if they choose to ignoore the alerts and get caught.

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Geez guys chill. I am thinking you do not know how these operate. Well, they do NOT run lic plates through BMV like you may think. It is a computer that every morning they load the plate numbers of the stolen vehicles from reports we take. It needs to be updated everyday to add new ones and removes vehicles that have been recovered. The readers check the plates it sees to the ones we tell it we are looking for. Nothing "big brother" about it. There is no driver information included...only that the plate/vehicle is listed as stolen. Our communication system is light years away from being able to support running BMV info for every plate the reader sees.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Geez guys chill. I am thinking you do not know how these operate. Well, they do NOT run lic plates through BMV like you may think. It is a computer that every morning they load the plate numbers of the stolen vehicles from reports we take. It needs to be updated everyday to add new ones and removes vehicles that have been recovered. The readers check the plates it sees to the ones we tell it we are looking for. Nothing "big brother" about it. There is no driver information included...only that the plate/vehicle is listed as stolen. Our communication system is light years away from being able to support running BMV info for every plate the reader sees.

So you mean to tell me you are not using it to take away our guns and or to harass us???:laugh: Say it aint so Denny:ingo::D

Top Bottom