IMPD collecting firearms, not even a buy-back!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    your reply was priceless.

well you know, you can never please everyone no matter what job you have. but at least you can sleep well knowing you get some sweet boots. :D

Get? Get!?!?

I pay for my boots I'll have you know. Just don't bring it up around my wife please. Two pair of Danner Ft Lewis and a pair of Under Armour just in the past four months.

2nthechest

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    So if a guy was to show up at a location and talk to anyone who may show up to turn in a gun and exchange phone #'s and explain the law prior to them handing the gun/s over to police it would be perfectly legal. <wink> <wink>

So who's gonna show up at what site? Maybe we can get a few guys to show up at each site to keep some of these legally owned guns from being destroyed for no reason at all.

Next question is... Will the police dept. run these serial #'s to verify the guns turned in have not been reported stolen so they can be returned.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    It is smart for them to have the free gun turn in on April 16. They can then take them to East Chicago on April 30th and turn a huge profit!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've had a pair of Under Armour cross trainers for a couple of years. They have held up well and are comfortable so I thought I'd try a pair of their boots. They have them in black as well but black ends up looking like crap pretty quickly at the Eagle Creek range so I went with the tan, the gravel dust doesn't show up as much.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Info from LEO's on this forum..

With all respect, from you LEO's on this forum-how can IMPD waive/bypass the State law on handgun transport without a LTCH??
    If the church is regarded as a "School", how can IMPD waive/bypass the "Gun Free" school zones??

Hi im Bob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    NWI
    They actually do stuff like this in my area often. It does nothing to stop crime IMO. They usually give you a gift card or something for the firearm. Noone is going to turn in their gun if they intend to use it for a crime. At best they get broken guns and guns people are unsure of. Waste of time and money IMO.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    They actually do stuff like this in my area often. It does nothing to stop crime IMO. They usually give you a gift card or something for the firearm. Noone is going to turn in their gun if they intend to use it for a crime. At best they get broken guns and guns people are unsure of. Waste of time and money IMO.

I agree with you ....
    but lets say (for the sake of argument) that someone brought in a rare colt pistol. its probly going in some cops pocket, or its getting melted down. either way that sucks. why doesnt the city go through these guns and pick out the good guns and repair and sell them to LEGAL gun owners (to give everyone a shot) and use it for community programs or city parks or serious crime victims families. :dunno:

no they wouldnt do that. because the politicians dont want any of us to have guns. and if some CRIMINAL decided to steal one of those "sold" guns and use it in a crime then it might look bad. never mind the fact that the CRIMINAL committed a criminal act to then go and commit a criminal act, WE MUST BLAME THE GUNS!!! its all politics.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    E5, they do. Sure they take some shlock and put it in the furnance for the cameras, but the city usually sells them via restrictive sales agreements with wholesalers, e.g. cannot be sold within 150 miles of the city.

Keisler's sold guns from Chicago, New Orleans, New York City, etc. via restrictive sales agreements.

Top Bottom