I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Has this 50 post rule been extended to visitor messages/email/conversations/literally every possible way to contact an individual member on this site? I don't see anything in the rules about it, but it seems to be so.

I received a nice PM yesterday from a member about a post I wrote like a year and a half ago and can't find a single way to respond to him, short of posting a thread for all the world to see. I have like 20 sent/received messages in my inbox from when I was newer here (none of which involved buying or selling in the classifieds) but now I can't send any more or find any other way to let this guy know I got and appreciate his message.

I get that you don't like new people PMing sellers to buy their stuff. But what about cases like this when someone contacts me first? How am I supposed to respond? It'd make more sense if the rule prevented new members from starting the conversation, but if someone contacts them first, stopping them from responding doesn't really help anything.

Good question.
    What are you trying to buy? :):

Give me a PM and I'll let you in on a secret.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    He does have a semi-good point. If someone sends a new member a PM they should be able to respond somehow.

I doubt it happens that often, but maybe there is a way to allow a new member a quota of 3 PM responses only until they get to 50.

I could see a case of a newbie asking about a particular gun, or looking for a local range or something, and another member offering to meet them in person to let them try the gun, or join them at a range.

Strakele

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    Good question.
    What are you trying to buy?
    icon_lol.gif

Give me a PM and I'll let you in on a secret.

I see what you did there...

I might not post a lot but I'm also not new here or to the internet... lol.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Ya - I don't really know.

There was a time when it took 50 to use the classified but only 15 posts to be able to PM members. It might still be that way but it was before the sight got that big facelift. :dunno:

Someone should be by to fill us in..........3..2...1...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Ya - I don't really know.

There was a time when it took 50 to use the classified but only 15 posts to be able to PM members. It might still be that way but it was before the sight got that big facelift. :dunno:

Someone should be by to fill us in..........3..2...1...

When I joined it was like that.

Strakele

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    I figured it wouldn't...

So basically there is no way for me to respond to this guy? I'm not allowed to visitor message or email him either? That's really what my question was about.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I figured it wouldn't...

So basically there is no way for me to respond to this guy? I'm not allowed to visitor message or email him either? That's really what my question was about.

I would just make a new thread at least it would contribute to your quality posts.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think you should still be able to Visitor Message. But some people have their Visitor Messages turned off.

As mentioned above, there is the start a thread option.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom