I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Just another person's opinion, but I'm also new to INGO and have found it invaluable in searching and reading up on thing that I had questions on. I don't think the 50 post rule is a bad thing at all, unless you want to donate to be a site subscriber, which I might do anyways even if I get to 50 post to support the site. I've been on other sites/forums, and this is the best local forum; People are generally not trolls and been very helpful with responses and feedback. Your 50 post is a check and balance to make sure you're also going to be a good neighbor and to let the other folks know you. Just my 2 cents.

Welcome. This is the kind of quality post I hope to post one day.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Really. A (1) word post in this thread right under a moderator.

He is now locked out of the classifieds for 30 days. In the spirit of being nice and transparent, I left the useless one-word post just below my last one.

Really? Sarcasm? I don't know.
    Has he had post get wacked or something?
    2012 and one post.
    I had some one liners in my first 50, cause I figured that was all that was needed. And if it got whacked, it got whacked.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Really. A (1) word post in this thread right under a moderator.

Really? Sarcasm? I don't know.
    Has he had post get wacked or something?
    2012 and one post.
    I had some one liners in my first 50, cause I figured that was all that was needed. And if it got whacked, it got whacked.

Na, he had more. He got mod wacked! VUP was being a bully :-)

I and Ithought CM was a bully...

OOps.
    Just didn't read far enough

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Wow, some of these are really funny. I've been away for a couple of years and this continues to be a issue. LOL

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    You old farts writing checks make me cringe when I'm working and there are 20 angry people staring at me from every direction and three calls waiting while you update your ledger with the last six weeks of transactions before spending 8 minutes and 37 seconds writing a check that you will then void because you spelled CVS wrong, after which you will search your pockets for 15 minutes and then spend the next three minutes counting out exact chance in dollar bills and pennies.

:faint:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    You old farts writing checks make me cringe when I'm working and there are 20 angry people staring at me from every direction and three calls waiting while you update your ledger with the last six weeks of transactions before spending 8 minutes and 37 seconds writing a check that you will then void because you spelled CVS wrong, after which you will search your pockets for 15 minutes and then spend the next three minutes counting out exact chance in dollar bills and pennies.

IKR!! :ugh:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

CSV is one of my favorite stores.

Strakele

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    Has this 50 post rule been extended to visitor messages/email/conversations/literally every possible way to contact an individual member on this site? I don't see anything in the rules about it, but it seems to be so.

I received a nice PM yesterday from a member about a post I wrote like a year and a half ago and can't find a single way to respond to him, short of posting a thread for all the world to see. I have like 20 sent/received messages in my inbox from when I was newer here (none of which involved buying or selling in the classifieds) but now I can't send any more or find any other way to let this guy know I got and appreciate his message.

I get that you don't like new people PMing sellers to buy their stuff. But what about cases like this when someone contacts me first? How am I supposed to respond? It'd make more sense if the rule prevented new members from starting the conversation, but if someone contacts them first, stopping them from responding doesn't really help anything.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom