I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    try craigslist. i think they have a number of clowns like you on there. abide by the rules or beat it. :ingo:

Oh_Bother_Somebodys_Grumpy_Cover_Older.jpg

And since you are being so pleasant I must ask

P1093-who-lit-the-fuse-on-your-tampon-Patch-1000x1000.jpg

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I feel your pain bro. It's a wee-todd-id rule. Maybe one day the powers that be will come to their senses and get rid of it.

I wondered how long it would be before you showed up.

Give it a rest man, it's Fenway's House, his rules.. You want a wide open Forum with no rules, start one of your own...

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is the most successful gun Forum in Indiana.. Why fix what ain't broke..

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I have to make my appearance once in awhile here. Keep drinking that kool-aid it must taste so good.
    I just don't understand why you have such a problem with it? It's a privately owned site, and it's obviously not hindering membership.. So what's the rub, bub?

Do you ever post other than to complain about this rule?

BEANC0UNTER

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    I do not mind the 50 count rule but it pisses me off when I make some posts and they get deleted with no message of why. They were not offensive and they related to the op topic.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I do not mind the 50 count rule but it pisses me off when I make some posts and they get deleted with no message of why. They were not offensive and they related to the op topic.

They must have been too short. In order for them to count they have to be at least a sentence or more. After you hit 50 posts you can say things like awesome & thanks and the posts will count. Until then you have to drag out your sentence to prove you really want to be friends with us.

Hang in there, you'll get your 50 posts before you know it. Some of us who are more chatty can do 50 posts in a a weekend or less.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

The first 50 are more scrutinized than later ones, so they need to be "quality" posts. Short comments like "Me too", "Yup", "I agree with that" or "Glocks are the best" :D or "1", "2" or "3" are considered junk that is most likely posted by someone trying to throw in 50 posts just to make it to the classifieds. It creates useless clutter on the web site that just wastes other people's time. It happens *very* often and the moderators have a lot of ground to cover, so they don't spend time explaining it over and over.

If you aren't in a rush to the classifieds, then just post when you feel you have something to contribute or ask legitimate questions. You'll be there before you know it.

BEANC0UNTER

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    I am definitely not a troll. I am a professional accountant for a large corporation and I love to learn from the site. I do more reading to learn than anything but I have recently started posting even though I read for a long time.

I try to stay away from all the other bs that goes on. I get on here to learn and relax and not get wrapped up in the drama.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I do not mind the 50 count rule but it pisses me off when I make some posts and they get deleted with no message of why.

Sorry about that. Check out the 3 links in my signature below and you'll see the reason they were removed, and why you didn't receive a full explanation as to why they were removed.

Understand that you're not the first member to be unaware of the rules and have this happen. So that's why folks are giving you a hard time. It's nothing personal.

:ingo:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Don't change a thing.......clearly it works! 26000+ members and over 3.5 million posts speaks for itself.

^^^^^^
    Straight forward, simple and to the point. A new member who actually see's the bigger picture.

What amazes me is the cranky a$$ few who are so hell bent on trying to reach the classifieds that they can't follow the same simple rules that most of the TWENTY SIX THOUSAND others who are members of this great forum have followed from it's inception.

It's a simple concept, participate in some meaningful contributable way, so members who want to sell or buy in the classifieds can get a feel of who they are selling or buying from. So that they may gauge if they are dealing with a person of reputable character.

After all, that is a requirement of holding a Indiana LTCH, why not try to display it.:dunno::ingo:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I am definitely not a troll. I am a professional accountant for a large corporation and I love to learn from the site. I do more reading to learn than anything but I have recently started posting even though I read for a long time.

I try to stay away from all the other bs that goes on. I get on here to learn and relax and not get wrapped up in the drama.

If that is you that did the treadmill conversion on ARFCOM you should post it up here! Sorry your post regarding the conversion seems to have been deleted.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom